Early Childhood Research Assistant for The Music and Literacy Promotion Project
- Job posted by Padma Sherni Inc.
200 Continental Drive
Suite 401, PMB 646
* 2 research assistants are requested to help with a nonprofit (Padma Sherni Inc.) which
is working on a pilot early childhood research study. (After receiving a small grant from the Pollination Project and The Walmart Foundation: Funding for the organization is raised through private donations.)
* The research assistants are needed for project activities: October, November, December 2018 for
approximately 10 hours a week at $15/hour for approximately 7 weeks, includes 1 week of training
for Human Subjects protection and:
Also: Attend/Review a presentation about Padma Sherni Inc., Research Project Background,
Complete IRB/CITI training as needed., learn about the literacy assessment tool and practice role-play with another hired research assistant that you will be matched with.
A pilot music exposure, art, free play, and shared reading program for children ages 3 to 5 years of age
and a baseline literacy assessment (Get Ready to Read assessment):
After sign up and informed consent: the project activities include:
20 minutes of children's music playing on cd player, free play (with toy musical instruments and blocks
and puzzles), crayons + coloring pages,
20 minutes of literacy assessment while free play continues
20 minutes: group story time: Stories from Songbook and then "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
research participants duration in the program includes any two slots of time:
1hour on a selected day in October and another 1hour, three months later in December in 2018,
Plus a weekly hour of guided play and shared reading, and 1 hour a week of music play and shared reading.
Program participant eligibility is
1) Parental permission/informed consent of an adult at least 18 years of age or older
2) Child's Age 3 to 5 years old
2) music CD with illustrated songbook
* Research Assistant Qualifications:
- Age 18 years of age or older
- Personable and motivated attitude
- Access to phone and online meeting capabilities (for example: skype)
- Past work experience with student organizations or non-profits especially for fundraising is a plus
- Past work experience in education, nursing, behavioral health, or public health is a plus
- Education: College and Beyond in the field of child development, early education, public health, or nursing.
Please email your interest with cover letter, resume, and 2 references to
Pialee Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21st, 2018.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy:
Padma Sherni Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants.
Padma Sherni Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, pregnancy, or citizenship status in any of its activities or operations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
An applicant, employee, or volunteer may request a reasonable accommodation at any time, orally or in writing by emailing email@example.com or by calling Pialee Roy at 302-540-3870.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required