34 Philbrick Road
Maimonides School, an Orthodox Jewish day school in Brookline, MA, is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join a dynamic five-person team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the person in this role will process bi-weekly payroll for 140 employees, handle weekly accounts payable, and support school-wide purchasing. This pivotal role serves as the central liaison with faculty, staff, and division heads around payroll and purchasing matters. The business office is enhancing its infrastructure and this position will be instrumental in supporting systems upgrades and our conversion to improved automation. The ideal candidate responds to interruptions and the unexpected with grace, thrives on problem solving in a fast-paced setting, and brings impeccable accuracy to their daily and weekly accounting routines.
- Maintain payroll system including timesheet entry, status changes and ACA coding. Support build-out of additional modules as we expand our use of the system.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, enter payroll transactions into GL, maintain records and files, and produce reports.
- Work with payroll provider to prepare year-end documents and reporting (e.g. W-2s, ACA).
- Provide research, analysis, and reporting on salary, FTE, and staffing.
- Execute processing of invoices and purchase orders in our general ledger system.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Manage vendor database, invoicing, filing and W-9s.
- Maintain files for non-employee compensation and process year-end 1099s.
- Uphold standards for documentation requirements for accounts payable.
- Facilitate purchasing through credit cards, business accounts, and reimbursements.
- Reconcile several monthly credit card accounts.
- Work with the team to periodically evaluate purchasing vehicles and optimize procedures.
- Process daily bank deposits, distribute and track petty cash.
- Support monthly close and annual audit by reconciling accounts and entering journal entries.
- Conduct special-topic data analysis and reporting.
- Support the department with occasional filing, copying, and reporting.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in accounting, including payroll.
- Well organized with an acute attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting protocols.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, notably Excel.
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. Associate’s plus experience in lieu of Bachelor’s will be considered.
Maimonides School is committed to offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a generous paid time off policy, including Federal and Jewish holidays. Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Nicole Roy, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.