Apostles House is looking for a Social Worker to enhance the quality of resident/client management, maximize satisfaction and promote self sufficiency. The successful candidate will be accountable for the full client care cycle. Social Worker duties include assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the client’s health and human services needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the effort in ensuring that clients are emotionally supported through solution focused modalities
- Provide individual and group counseling to address personal, and/or interpersonal challenges, as per Individualized Action Plan (IAP) and/or as needed
- Work collaboratively with Case Managers, MSA interns and executive team to help develop solutions.
- Coordinate services with external providers and link families to appropriate community resources as needed
- Crisis intervention, referrals and case management services to children and families
- Conduct home and community visits as needed to assess family needs
- Complete documentation, progress notes and reports as required by state, local and federal mandates and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement meetings/workshops involving a variety of topics and personnel
- Serve as liaison on child welfare issues and share expertise with Apostles House team
- Attend regular staff meetings and professional development workshops
- Provide workshops to Apostles House staff and parents on variety of areas relating to child social/emotional development
- Participates in departmental and organization events
- Is highly visible and present
- Perform other duties as assigned