The After Hours Access Operator Team answers calls for the City and County Behavioral Health Access Line at all times that the Behavioral Health Access Center is closed, including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. Calls are taken in our offices.
After Hours Access Operators begin the intake process with potential clients, offer referrals and assist callers who are distressed and/or in crisis. Shifts typically include downtime, making the position convenient for students and others involved in individual projects.
Shifts needing coverage may be any of the following: 4pm-12am and 12am-8am daily, as well as 8am-4pm on weekends and holidays.
- Attend Access line training and complete curriculum satisfactorily
- Report for shifts on time
- Answer Access line for San Francisco Suicide Prevention, following specific protocol
- Document all Access calls completely and accurately in database
- Comply with all Access coverage requirements as specified in contract documents
- Attend meetings with SFSP's Access Coordinator, other agency staff and City and County staff as required and requested
- Basic skills and experience in call center operation or customer service
- Excellent telephone communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work evening, overnight and/or weekend hours
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human services or related field (may be in progress)
- Skills and experience in community service
- Ability to support a broad variety of people, including communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and people with mental illnesses, addictions or co-existing disorders and their families and/or concerned friends
Holidays are paid at time and a half.
San Francisco Suicide Prevention is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
SFSP encourages a supportive environment where differences of ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender, physical ability and age are valued and appreciated. We seek candidates who share this vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send résumé and cover letter to Nicole Matcha, Access Coordinator, at email@example.com.