2011 Crystal Drive
- Review and submit field project finance reports such as FERs, wire transfers, vendor invoices etc. to supervisor for approval;
- Input financial data for pipelines, review data in financial system for accuracy, check accuracy of financial reports, review and reconciliation of credit cards;
- Review/prepare/submit material for procurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, tracking existing contracts, etc.;
- Support recruitment and mobilization of field staff and consultants for field assignments;
- Maintain project records and documents, including consultant contracts, project files, etc.;
- Conduct basic research and provides general support in proposal development process;
- Assist with editing/writing quarterlies and other reports;
- Provide administrative functions in support of the department;
- Plans and expedites airline, hotel, and visa arrangements;
- Provide support during department meetings and special events, prepares and assembles briefing materials as directed;
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments; and
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Provides the support necessary for the team to achieve its goals. Job duties are fairly straight forward and require following common procedures and guidelines. Manages own workload, time and priorities, with guidance from supervisor.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Has the knowledge and skills to identify solutions to routine problems. Produces useful ideas or explanations for circumstances, but may need guidance on execution for results. Understands and applies policies and proactively suggests solutions and improvements on issues.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Prepares routine financial reports in compliance with IFES policies and procedures. Processes routine transaction in compliance with IFES procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Division. Initiates contact with staff in other departments to exchange information and coordinates activities necessary to achieve work goals.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TRAVEL: Travel up to 10% of the time.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in international development or related field. Internship(s) experience with an international NGO is a plus.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Introductory experience in proposal development support a plus.
- Familiarity with USAID, GAC DFAT and/or DFID regulations is helpful.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Ability to prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative, team-oriented individual.
- English required. Proficiency in (a) Southeast Asian language(s) a plus.
The Program Associate is the entry level position to program work at IFES. As a junior member of the team, the Program Associate will provide administrative and programmatic support for IFES programs in the Asia-Pacific region.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply