The March of Dimes, the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health, is seeking a highly energetic Email Marketing Manager to lead, develop, and execute the email and mobile messaging strategy. . This is a full-time, exempt position located in Arlington, VA, with telecommuting possible. The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Director of Digital Marketing. S/he will build a cohesive email and SMS marketing strategy for growth and retention in conjunction with the Chief Digital Officer, Director of Digital Marketing, and Marketing, Brand and Fundraising teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of proactivity, works well in a collaborative environment, and is comfortable learning new technology.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the end-to-end execution of daily email and mobile messaging campaigns including planning, maintenance, set-up, targeting, proof reading, quality assurance, testing, scheduling, and analysis ensuring flawless execution
• Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
• Work with internal March of Dimes staff including local market, CRM, direct response, creative, marketing and brand teams to meet campaign objectives and timelines
• Ownership of the email and SMS calendar, coordinating local initiatives with national campaigns to maximize impact
• Champion continuous advancement of our email features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, and template development
• Lead email marketing initiatives including continual optimization of email marketing strategy, platform and related processes to retain and monetize existing supporters
• Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
• Act as the lead day-to-day liaison with email and mobile service providers
• Provide insights and recommendations based on weekly and monthly reports and best practices
• Support HTML email template development and troubleshooting as needed
• Support other operations needs including list processing, data matching, and CRM import requests as needed.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience using Email Service Provider (ESP) tools, such as Blue State Digital Tools, Exact Target, Cheetah Mail, Marketo, Convio, or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Proven track record in digital marketing including email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
• Experience using mobile text messaging platforms a plus
Minimum Education Required