Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience
The American Technion Society is seeking a Gift Processing/Reporting Associate who has experience with and an understanding of the principles of financial operational and analysis reporting. S/he is part of the Advancement team that ensures philanthropic gifts are accepted, recorded, receipted and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The Gift Processing/Reporting Associate maintains a standard of accuracy and efficiency with a significant level of confidentiality due to the sensitive donor/constituent client information relative to gift processing.
Primary Duties Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Gift Processing/Reporting Associate has duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processes batches to record gifts into Raiser’s Edge software as advised.
- Accurately calculates and applies any Quid Pro Quo or other amount that may reduce the tax deductibility of a gift.
- Ensures workflow meets monthly close deadlines and other financial deadlines, checking work to ensure recordings are accurate and timely.
- Creates a manual batch to process gifts for approvals for manual gift transactions.
- Records expectancies, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and other planned giving instruments.
- Supports special events planning to ensure accuracy in recording event gift income, inventory of auction items, and cash reconciliation.
- Ensures all In Memory Of and In Honor Gifts are recorded accurately with timely acknowledgment.
- Records and reviews major gift entries as well as reviews and interpret gift agreements to ensure accurate processing.
- Acknowledges and responds to all matching gift inquires.
- Researches possible matching gift opportunities
Compliant Receipts – IRS and other regulatory agencies
- Ensures accuracy in receipts is compliant with governing laws and regulations.
- Handles special receipt requests when needed.
- Assists the Finance Office with yearly audits.
- Handles all broker to Finance Office stock transfers.
- Creates new biographical entities for individuals and organizations needed.
- Researches and maintains all levels of financial and biographical information for individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Maintains flexibility in regards to enhancements to current processes/policies and implements new modifications.
- Searches for lost alumni.
- Creates segmented, dynamic mail lists.
- Processes NCOA updates.
- Generate Raiser’s Edge reports
- Assist with other technical tasks
- Three to five years related experience in a non-profit gift administration
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Experience with recording a variety of philanthropic gifts.
- Strong skills with Microsoft especially Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of standards related to gift administration such as CASE Standards, FASB Accounting rules, and IRS guidelines.
· Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal and writing skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· A high degree of personal and professional integrity, ethics and honesty.
· A passion for improving systems to increase efficiency.
· Able to work in deadline driven role with a well-developed sense of urgency.
· Connection to our core values and our mission.
American Technion Society offers a generous benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit resume and a cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position to: