Founded in 1966, UPROSE is an intergenerational, BIWOC-led, internationally recognized community organization. UPROSE works at the intersection of racial justice and climate change through community-based planning and research, policy advocacy, popular education, organizing, artistic expression, and youth leadership development.
UPROSE works with community members and institutions, governmental agencies, technical assistance partners, and private stakeholders to advance a Just Transition away from fossil fuels and toward a regenerative economy. UPROSE seeks a Climate Justice Organizer to help coordinate and facilitate organizing and base building strategies for UPROSE’s Climate Justice Center (CJC).
This is a full-time position that provides a benefits package and professional development opportunities. Salary commensurate with experience. Candidates must be able to work in a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel.
- Develop community organizing and base building strategies to implement the Climate Justice Center’s programs, projects and campaigns;
- Develop and coordinate the CJC’s curriculum and activities calendar to support educational campaigns around Environmental Justice, Climate Justice and Just Transition;
- Manage, update and maintain UPROSE’s community and volunteers base;
- Facilitate community planning/education workshops;
- Help carry out media strategies to raise awareness about issues and build support for our organizing as needed;
- Assist with fundraising, grant writing and reporting as needed;
- Other community organizing responsibilities as necessary.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of organizing experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental Justice, Social Justice and Climate Justice issues;
- Knowledge of issues affecting frontline communities, communities of color and low-income communities;
- Proven experience in coordinating and facilitating meetings and working with grassroots intergenerational communities of color;
- Experience promoting issues and policy objectives;
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team-setting;
- Excellent written/oral communications skills;
- Comfort with giving public presentations;
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, such as Microsoft, Google, and Adobe applications;
- Accountability and time management
- Spanish/English bilingual proficiency preferred
Founded in 1966, UPROSE is an intergenerational, BIWOC-led, internationally recognized community organization. UPROSE works at the intersection of racial justice and climate change through community-based planning and research…
This is a full-time position that provides a benefits package and professional development. Benefits package includes health, eye, and dental insurance along with our 401k package.
This is a full-time position that provides a benefits package and professional development. Benefits package includes health, eye, and dental insurance along with our 401k…
English, Spanish preferred
English, Spanish preferred
UPROSE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPROSE is an equal opportunity employer that does not…