Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
District of Columbia
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international, non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington DC. Since its founding in 1984, EIA has pioneered the use of undercover investigative techniques to expose environmental crimes and other abuses against the natural world. These crimes include illegal trade in endangered wildlife, illegal logging and associated trade in illegal timber, and the trade in both climate damaging and ozone layer depleting gasses. EIA has directly brought about positive changes in international laws and the policies of governments, saving the lives of millions of rare and endangered animals and reducing illegal logging, timber trade and deforestation.
EIA is seeking to hire an Accountant in its Washington, D.C. office to support its programs. We are looking for a motivated, organized and committed individual to join one of the most dynamic teams in Washington today. Possibility for part-time available.
The position will entail a wide range of activities, including:
• Day-to-day accounting functions including account payables, account reconciliations, payroll entry, monthly allocation, investment reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation, account receivables
• Preparation of monthly closing and financial statements
• Preparation of monthly budget vs. actual reports and account variance analysis
• Reconcile and manage staff credit cards
• Assist with the annual audit preparation
• Assist with grant reporting and schedules
• Assist with the annual 990 tax filing and other tax filing
• Assist in preparation of annual 1099-MISC forms
• Provide administrative support, general office management and administrative support including IT as needed.
• Support with grants and agreement monitoring and compliance.
• Assist in preparation of budgets, grants and other records.
• Assist with HR functions and payroll processing
• Perform other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Experience working for a non-profit.
- Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of efficiency, confidentiality and integrity.
- Detail oriented and very organized.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize disparate information, multiple activities, and competing priorities, as well as, anticipate, identify, and solve problems.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae with subject line "Accountant position" to: email@example.com or Fax: 202-986-8626. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
This is an immediate position and applicants must be currently legally authorized to work full time at EIA, a U.S. non-profit and be able to provide proof of same (US Citizenship, Green Card, etc.)