25 West 45th Street
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager serves as the professional liaison between the New York District Council, ULI headquarters, and New York real estate, planning, and development professionals. The Manager’s overall responsibility is to serve as an informed resource to support the district council’s various content centers and member networks, including local product councils, interacting with them to ensure that all work is consistent with the Institute’s policies and procedures and that ULI New York’s mission, goals, and objectives are met.
Local Product Councils
· Manage four local product councils (Housing, Infrastructure, Mixed-Use Development, and Real Estate Tech & Innovation), which are topically focused, multidisciplinary groups of mid- and senior-level professionals involved in a specific facet of real estate who commit to meet on a regular basis, develop trusted connections, and share best practices.
· Work with the volunteer member co-chairs of the four local product councils to develop programming, recruit new council members, identify future council leadership, and schedule and execute meetings.
· Support grant writing and serve as project manager for local product council–driven research initiatives as necessary.
· Manage the district council’s Program Steering Committee, which is responsible for driving the development and execution of the district council’s timely and high-quality educational programs designed specifically for ULI members to exchange ideas, information, and experience among local and national industry leaders dedicated to creating better places.
· Attend monthly meetings, coordinate with co-chairs to produce agendas and related materials, and assist in the development of content for eight to ten annual programs.
NEXT New York
· Manage the NEXT New York program, a distinct membership group in which mid-career leaders can engage in discussions around topics that affect their businesses, help them develop professionally, and support a deeper understanding of the community in which they live.
· Work with the volunteer member co-chairs of each NEXT New York membership flight to develop programming, recruit new council members, identify future council leadership, and schedule and execute meetings.
District Council Operations Support
· Provide support for the district council’s operations including, but not limited to, databases, records, calendars, supplies and equipment, files, and other district council resources and equipment and maintenance as needed.
· Work closely with the Executive Director to evaluate and communicate the impact of district council initiatives.
· Support the district council’s communications strategy in collaboration with the district council’s public relations consultant.
· Support the Executive Director in the preparation of budgets and recertification plans.
· Develop grant applications to support the district council’s initiatives.
· Assist the Executive Director, the Manager, and third-party contractors with programs and event planning and logistics.
· Assist the Executive Director in supporting the activities and initiatives of the district council’s advisory board.
· Five years of related work experience, preferably working at a nonprofit or other organization in a member service capacity.
· Working knowledge of urban planning, land use, or real estate development in the New York City market required.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree with coursework in urban planning, public administration, urban policy, real estate development, economics, or comparable fields preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives. Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability in writing and editing for a variety of platforms such as research reports, newsletters, and online publications.
· Proven project management skills, including the ability to creatively solve problems.
· Self-motivated and highly organized, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
· Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe products required.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, and complete tasks on time, with responsible follow-through.
· Ability to attend early morning and evening events required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please click on the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=URBANLAND&jobId=48205&lang=en_US&source=CC3
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation available at this time.