108 Church Street
Are you passionate about supporting mission-driven leadership in a growing organization? Do you want to become a key member of a business making valuable contributions to communities?
Searching for a new challenge that will use of your skills and experience to do good? If so, we want to talk to you!
New Jersey Community Capital (NJCC) is a nonprofit financial organization with a mission to create thriving communities through strategic investments and knowledge sharing. Fulfilling the needs and improving the quality of life of thousands of individuals and families would not be possible without our talented and diverse staff and motivating environment. We are looking for a seasoned Human Resources professional to help us continue our growth and enhance the incredible culture that has developed throughout our 30 year history.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for managing our human resources-related systems, policies, and procedures. It will be up to you to work collaboratively with executive management in strategic employee engagement, talent management, and establishing a formal compensation philosophy, including salary structures.
You’ll have two support staff to help you handle the day to day HR operations that include:
- Employee engagement
- Performance management
- Salary Administration
- Employee relations
- Compliance issues
You will find the passion for our mission, camaraderie, and genuine warmth of both the leadership team and staff to be at once refreshing and energizing.
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for people who are motivated and driven to keep their skills current. To be successful in this role, you’ll:
- Have 5 years or more experience, including at least 2 in a supervisory role.
- Hold a PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws governing employment practices; background in employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- Be a skilled facilitator, with experience dealing with small and large groups for training and process improvement efforts.
- Have a demonstrated ability to build consensus and acceptance of improvements and changes to development patterns, standards, and processes.
- Have a proven ability to advise on complex matters to all stakeholders; ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including delivering organized presentations, tailoring messages to audiences, facilitating group discussions with diplomacy, and seeking diverse opinions.
- Ability to evaluate long term impacts when making recommendations and decisions.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree human resource management or a related field. You’ll get extra points with a Master’s!
What else you'll need to know
At our core, is all about creating thriving communities. We do this through strategic investments and knowledge. Fulfilling the needs and improving the quality of life of thousands of individuals and families would not be possible without our talented and diverse staff, and motivating environment.
We offer a competitive nonprofit salary based on experience and skills, as well as a generous benefits package including: health, dental, disability and life insurance; 401(k) savings plan after one year’s service; flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation); and 25 paid leave days (includes sick, personal, and vacation) plus 12 paid holidays. NJCC’s office is located at 108 Church St. in New Brunswick, NJ, only two blocks from the train station.
NJCC embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way – your application will be considered without regard to demographics. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. (To meet customer requirements, we need to also say it this way: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.)
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please email a thoughtful cover letter, salary requirements, and your résumé to ROrr@njclf.com. Please include “Director of Human Resources (Idealist)– Your Name” in the email’s subject line.
health, dental, disability and life insurance; 401(k) savings plan after one year’s service; flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation); and 25 paid leave days (includes sick, personal, and vacation) plus 12 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please email a thoughtful cover letter, salary requirements, and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Human Resources (Idealist)– Your Name” in the email’s subject line.