5100 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest
Position Title: Division Director, AimHire
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Location: 5100 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Hours: Flexible working hours, occasional evenings and weekends will be required
The role develops and oversees services of the workforce development program providing effective and forward-thinking leadership to advance the goals and further the mission of the organization. The director is responsible for continuous program development with goals to develop evidence-based practices in all facets of employment programming. The position is also responsible for compliance with all federal and local regulations. The ability to build ethical relationships with diverse groups of people and a strong commitment to serve homeless adults in the community is crucial. The director must demonstrate his or her ability to make sound and timely decisions related to program needs and overall administration. The person must also be able to work collaboratively with participants and stakeholders to maximize program consistency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Foster an inclusive, transparent, and innovative environment that provides quality services to participants while promoting the health, well-being, and professional development of staff.
● Assist the Assistant Director in developing and implementing effective methods of staff performance management, in areas including supervision structure, outcomes benchmarking and individual goal development.
● Plan and host staff bonding and social activities to boost camaraderie and morale.
● Work with the Assistant Director to develop consistent methods of recognizing staff for positive outcomes and successes.
● In collaboration with the Friendship Place Training Specialist and Assistant Director, develop ongoing internal employment services training to ensure staff have the skills necessary to provide quality services to participants of the program.
● Works with the Job Developer to ensure effective, long-term employer engagement strategies that will provide participants with access to jobs.
● Lead weekly team meetings to discuss program updates, share successes, progress and concerns, provide professional development for staff and brainstorm new ideas and growth areas.
Strategic Program Development 15%
● Lead in the continued strategic development and implementation of the program model with the input of the Chief Program Officer and President/ CEO.
● In collaboration with the Chief Program Officer, Assistant Director, and program staff, revise and develop effective, participant- centered program goals and outcomes.
● Ensure continuous program development in keeping with new trends in employment and homeless services.
● Work with the Friendship Place Training Specialist and Assistant Director to develop and implement various training-related services to participants, including but not limited to weekly program orientation and career workshops.
● With support and guidance from the Director of Measurement and Evaluation, oversee the continuous improvement of methods of data tracking, reporting, and analysis.
● Anticipate program needs, analyze areas of improvement with feedback from staff and participants, and develop new initiatives to address concerns and help the program continue to grow.
Volunteer Management 10%
● Assign and supervise tasks and projects of volunteers.
● Work with the Friendship Place Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure the full engagement, utilization and integration of the volunteers in the program.
● Conduct bi-monthly volunteer meetings to discuss program updates and brainstorm new ideas and initiatives.
Partnerships and External Relations 15%
● Collaborate with other Friendship Place Division Directors to streamline service delivery to participants and share services and best practices
● Collaborate with the Job Developer to create and maintain relationships with higher-level employers; and attend meetings with employers as deemed necessary by the Job Developer
● Connect, collaborate and build professional relationships with external agencies to share service and best practices, and to streamline services to participants.
● Work with the Chief Program Officer and President/CEO to share the Employment First model externally, increase its visibility locally and nationally, and train other organizations on effective implementation of the model.
Reporting and Grants Management 10%
● Oversee SNAP E&T grant management and work with the Program Analyst to ensure adequate documentation and consistent data tracking, and to ensure monthly reports are submitted on time.
● Serve as the point of contact for the SNAP E&T program. Oversee site visits and work with the SNAP grant monitor to develop and refine annual grant goals.
Oversee the SNAP budget and requirements and the allocation of funds.
● Monitor spending across the division to comply with the annual budget, including SNAP and other potential sources of income, including private grants.
● Submit monthly and quarterly program dashboard reports for internal Friendship Place review and submit other reports as needed for various private funders.
● Conduct periodic audits to ensure compliance with federal and DC regulations governing the service delivery to persons experiencing homelessness as stipulated in the Homeless Services Reform Act (HSRA).
General Operations 10%
● Work with the Assistant Director to assure the office is adequately staffed.
● Ensure that office safety procedures are adhered to.
● Ensure that office infrastructure needs are met, including obtaining necessary software, computers, and supplies.
All other duties assigned
● BA/BS in related field, certifications or additional professional experience may be considered in lieu of required specialty.
● 5 year or more years of experience in human services and program management, proven ability to develop innovative, person-centric programming for adults in recovery.
● Experience in homeless services required; experience in workforce development highly preferred.
● Strong written and verbal skills.
● Exceptional relationship building and retention skills
● Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
● Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines
● Ability to work as a team player.
● Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package including low cost health insurance, employer paid dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 403B matching, 15 days of vacation during 1st year of employment, sick leave, and much more!e
Minimum Education Required