ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Behavior Interventionist will be an integral part of the integrated supports team. The Senior Behavior Interventionist will deliver direct services to children with identified needs, collaborate with teachers and support staff on integrated support plans, and serve as case manager for students with IEPs. The Senior Behavior Interventionist will provide significant out of classroom supports through a resource room model while also collaborating with classroom teachers on in class supports.
The Senior Behavior Interventionist will be part of our Integrated Supports team, helping ensure that all children at The Primary School receive the support they need to be successful at school.
- Develop and deliver direct services to achieve both academic and behavioral goals (for children in pre-K, kindergarten, and first grade).
- Set targeted goals based on need.
- Ensure interventions/accommodations are delivered with fidelity.
- Provide a range of supports which may include small group instruction and individual intervention.
- Evaluate effectiveness of interventions.
- Tailor supports to continue to improve efficacy.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure instruction and classroom environment optimize learning for all children.
- Work with parents to ensure understanding of child needs and progress and provide tools to support children at home.
- Build a safe and effective environment through resource room supports, delivering direct supports as well as coordinating with related service providers.
- Observe and evaluate students to more deeply understand.
- Other responsibilities related to growing our Special Education practices.
- A strong commitment to supporting the highest need students in succeeding at school.
- A background working with young children (aged 5 - 8), English Language Learners, and supporting both schools and families.
- Experience working in a Special Education environment (identifying needs, setting goals/plans, and delivering aligned supports).
- A drive to work in a high energy start-up environment.
- A plus if experience in a special day or cross-categorical classroom or ABA therapy.
- A plus if you are bilingual (Spanish speaking) and have worked with a diverse population of kids and families.
- A flexible mindset and desire to jump in across programming wherever support is needed.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health benefits, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), dependent care FSA, and generous paid time off, including a competitive paid parental leave benefit.