Details: Competitive salary
477 Longwood Avenue
Assistant Director / Director of Admissions
The Frances Jacobson Early Childhood Center (FJECC) at Temple Israel of Boston is devoted to early educational excellence for children between the ages of 21 months and 5 years of age, located in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area. Our focus is child centered with a strong emphasis on meeting the needs of each student in our midst. We work to cultivate a warm and caring community, where respect for the individual and values are fostered. With twenty-five years of experience, we see the results of our efforts in the dedication our alumni and their families have toward the school and one another. We want you to be part of our embracing, professional, and loving community.
We seek a highly qualified individual with early childhood experience and strong skills in teaching, supervision and curriculum development for our Judicially integrated, developmentally based, Reggio inspired, innovative program that has been listed as one of the “Hub’s Best Preschools.” You will also be responsible for overseeing the integration of the Massachusetts Frameworks set forth by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) into the curriculum by utilizing creative and educationally sound methodology. This is a wonderful opportunity to join an experienced, highly educated staff, with many who have been teaching at this center in excess of fifteen years.
Temple Israel is one of the largest, most diverse, and welcoming Reform Congregations in our area with our clergy taking an active role in our preschool program. Whether they are invited to give our staff a workshop, visit classrooms or join us at our weekly Friday Sabbath Sing- along or at holiday celebrations, we all benefit from their involvement and presence.
You will work alongside the Director to help inspire and mentor our teaching staff. Not only do we care about fostering the creativity and critical thinking skills of our students, but we are equally concerned with your growth and development as well. We are on the cutting edge of innovative and meaningful curriculum for our students and have been awarded many accolades over the years. Excellent candidates will demonstrate a curiosity for research of the best practices in the field of early childhood education. We would look forward to welcoming you into the community.
- Foster strong parent and staff relationships
- Work closely with the Director and engage in all aspects of her work
- Manage all aspects of the admissions process
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy
- Conduct school tours and open houses for prospective parents
- Contribute to curriculum development and training
- Mentor and supervise assistant teaching staff
- Coordinate health, safety and security programs
- Maintain student records
- Assist with development and financial management
- Manage EEC and NAEYC licensing and accreditation process
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook, with PowerPoint a plus
- Experience with Procare or basic database experience preferred
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions and/or experience working in a Jewish early childhood setting
- EEC Director I or II certification required.
This is a full-time, calendar year position. Send a cover letter and resume to our Director, Helen Cohen, at email@example.com. The FJECC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.fjecc.org to learn more about our center.
Health and dental insurance, paid holidays and time off, and additional benefits are offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required