Director of Membership and Annual Fund
- Job posted by Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate
210 Morrissey Boulevard
The Director of Membership and Annual Fund is responsible for growing the Institute’s membership program through renewals and acquisitions while also building and growing a robust Annual Fund program. The Director will have responsibility for annual renewal campaigns, annual acquisition campaigns, overseeing accurate and timely data input, coordinating membership stewardship activities and conducting all follow-up. The Director will also grow the annual fund program maintain a portfolio of high-end annual fund donors and prospects for solicitation of up to $5,000. The Director will be a part of the team supporting the Annual Dinner. The Director will work strategically with the Chief Development Officer to set goals, priorities and direction for the membership and annual fund programs.
- Coordinate membership renewals and acquisitions including: list management, renewal mailings, communications, website updates, member correspondence including acknowledgments, and benefits fulfillment.
- Coordinate production of direct mail and email annual fund solicitations, including list management, communications, website updates, and donor correspondence, including acknowledgements.
- Build relationships with top annual fund and member prospects to further their engagement with the Institute; cultivate and solicit for gifts of up to $5,000 including face-to-face solicitation when possible.
- Identify donors who can become prospects for major gift solicitations.
- Work closely with Institute’s External Relations team and fundraising colleagues to coordinate communication calendars, messages, and design of messages and materials
- Coordinate external vendors when necessary
- Support the Annual Dinner by coordinating registration
- Conduct analysis of member and annual fund giving for purposes of maximizing ROI and building strategies for constant improvement.
- Maintain regular reporting and reconcile income reports with the Finance team.
- Participate in Institute events and programs, including those held on evenings and weekends
A Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent record of professional achievement and qualifications with a demonstrated track record of success.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of proven success in development, alumni relations, or annual giving
- Preferably at least three of those years will include a proven track record in working in annual fund and/or membership fundraising in an educational or cultural environment
- Demonstrated experience securing gift commitments and developing relationships with prospects and donors
- Experience preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive written reports and presentations is required. Special event experience highly desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal – with internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to effectively articulate clear and compelling messages
- Advanced written communications, analytical skills, collaboration, and project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and limited resources
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software package
- Experience with donor databases, ideally Little Green Light (LGL), the current platform used at the Institute, or a similar database
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of diverse internal and external team members
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to travel locally and out of state as required
- Ability to pass a criminal background and credit check required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A valid driver’s license a plus
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for The United States Senate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title “Director of Membership & Annual Fund” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls. EMK does not retain external search firms. No solicitation calls will be entertained.