1400 Main Drive Northwest
District of Columbia
District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve 1100 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-11. We just recently moved to our permanent home on the Walter Reed campus in 2017 where we will continue to grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
While only in our fifth year DCI has become IB World School and has been rated Tier 1, the highest rating by our authorizer the Public Charter School Board. We are growing in 2018-19 and look forward to receiving your application. Come join a great team building a great school!
DCI is hiring a full time Social Worker/Counselor. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: This position entails providing behavioral support counseling services to students with IEPs and 504 plans at DCI to promote a positive educational environment for all students. This position will also collaborate with appropriate personnel to ensure positive educational and counseling practices for the students.
Qualifications: Appropriate training and licensure is required. A Master's Degree is preferred (Bachelor's Degree is required). Bilingual in Spanish (preferred).
- Provide direct support service to individual students, small groups, and classrooms, including through group and individual therapy and classroom support.
- Document all services in EasyIEP (special education database)
- Develop present levels, goals, and progress notes for students on caseload.
- Complete assessments, referrals, and counseling with students and families.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Develop and maintains family outreach programs and community partnerships.
- Serve as a member of the family support team and other school based teams.
- Serve as school liaison to social service agencies.
- Collaborate with general and special educators, coordinators, and leadership.
- Communicate through a variety of mediums with parents and students.
- Embrace French, Spanish, and Chinese cultures by leading and participating in cultural activities for faculty and students Other duties as assigned.
- High degree of communication through a variety of mediums with parents and students.
- Ensure that our 1:1 Chromebooks program is implemented effectively for students by infusing technology into instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
DCI faculty and staff embrace the rigor and commitment necessary to build a shared culture and vision. We want you to join our team dedicated to social justice, environmental stewardship, diversity, internationalism, and interdisciplinary education as reflected in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework. We expect that all of our students can achieve academically at the very highest levels. Our mission statement reflects our core values: DC International School inspires inquiring, engaged, knowledgeable and caring secondary students who are multi-lingual, culturally competent, and committed to proactively creating a socially just and sustainable world.
Faculty and Staff Development/Benefits:
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish (preferred).
Minimum Education Required