Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1529 Sixteenth Street NW
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community (Edlavitch DCJCC) seeks an energetic, flexible, and hard-working professional to be part of the Marketing and Development Team. This person will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment and will assist the department in coordinating outreach efforts within the DC community, the national Jewish community, and beyond.
This individual will coordinate outreach between partner organizations and EDCJCC staff. In addition, this individual will be responsible for a strategic social media plan for the Center-wide Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, as well as providing support, guidance, and expertise to program directors on individual program accounts, in an effort to increase audience and content.
The Community Engagement Coordinate will report to the Director of Marketing and Development and will work collaboratively and strategically with the Marketing and Communications Manager, and the directors of various arts and culture programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage relationship between EDCJCC and partner organizations, and oversee coordinated outreach to organization partners
- Develop and maintain organization partner list; remain knowledgeable of incoming and outgoing local, national, and global potential partners
- Having a holistic view of all programs taking place at Center, make suggestions to staff for viable partnerships within the community
- Organize and maintain institutional communications calendar
- Play a critical role in the email marketing and website maintenance, including building/editing emails, updating website content and forms, etc.
- In close consultation with the Director of Development and Marketing and Marketing and Communications Manager, implement a strategic social media plan, including:
- Develop and maintain a content calendar across all platforms
- Actively manage Institutional social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), including real-time engagement
- Deliver Monthly Reports highlights social media progress
- Assist with growth of Institutional social media platforms, as well as individual program-specific pages
- Support fundraising efforts of Development and Marketing Team
- Event support, and other duties as assigned
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Self-Starter. High energy personality with interest in promoting non-profit mission and program attendance.
- Team-player. Proven ability to work well and collaboratively with teams in complex situations and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Basic graphic design and HTML skills (resizing images, create image collages, building emails, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with a passion for new and niche social media platforms (e.g. Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram Stories)
- Able to participate in agency/community events, as necessary.
The Edlavitch DCJCC offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required