1400 "Eye" Street NW Suite 450
Washington, DC 20005
Serving as a key partner for the FPF senior management team, this is an ideal opportunity for someone with membership/development experience to independently and strategically support the expansion of the membership base of a growing nonprofit organization.
The Membership Management Associate is the primary manager of the day-to-day business relationship between FPF and its commercial financial supporters. The Associate will develop personalized knowledge of all member companies’ activities; work with FPF policy staff and others to track their engagement with FPF; interact as needed to solicit member feedback; work with FPF colleagues to responsively design outreach aimed at delivering increased member value; and oversee invoicing and related correspondence and weekly reporting to support senior FPF staff in their outreach to members.
Additionally, the Associate serves as the direct manager of the membership database (Salesforce) ensuring all information is up-to-date; carries out the on-boarding, updating, and off-boarding process for member companies; and generally manages all internal processes around membership data tracking, including training other FPF staff on related processes.
· Manage business relationship with corporate partners to support annual retention goals
· Oversee routine correspondence and updates related to member renewals of annual support, including:
o Track annual renewal schedule on a rolling basis
o Create invoices and related outreach to ensure timely payment
o Coordinate with Operations and Finance staff to verify invoicing
o Flag items for follow-up as appropriate
· Support FPF senior staff in outreach and member management activities with current and prospective members, including:
o Manage reporting schedule aimed at maximizing senior staff time with respect to membership management activities by identifying key needs/opportunities
o Track member engagement with FPF
o Work with FPF colleagues to responsively design outreach aimed at delivering increased member value
· Primary manager of Salesforce data management system related to all information pertinent to FPF members and contacts
· Update Salesforce daily, including:
o Add contacts sourced through CEO contacts
o Add contacts/identify prospects from FPF-hosted events based on attendees, as well as from FPF staff attendance at other conferences and events
o Track member outreach activities on a routine basis, including in partnership with FPF policy staff, to ensure all outreach is captured therein
o Oversee general Salesforce management, tracking, and report development
· Assist in transferring accurate lists between Salesforce and other platforms (including Gmail listserves, MailChimp, etc.)
· Coordinate with Director of Communications to ensure accurate and timely updates of member information reflected on the organizational website
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years related work experience in development and/or member management with a nonprofit organization or membership or trade association
· Demonstrated donor tracking and management experience and analysis, with emphasis on development and expansion strategies. Experience with member renewal, invoice, and payment tracking prioritized.
· Comfort with picking up the phone and calling people to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal communication skills.
· Talent for taking initiative and working independently.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
· Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented, and very high attention to detail.
· Salesforce experience required; Slack, Excel, and G-Suite familiarity a plus.
Minimum Education Required