Details: Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Annual reviews include consideration of a raise.
Job Opportunity: Methane Advocacy Coordinator
Job Type: Organizing and outreach
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Ideal start date is November 2018.
Clean Air Council strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and those with disabilities to apply.
About Clean Air Council
The Council is a member-supported environmental organization serving the Mid-Atlantic Region for 50 years. The Council is dedicated to protecting and defending everyone’s right to breathe clean air and uses public education, community action, government oversight, and enforcement of environmental laws to advocate for a clean and healthy environment.
The Council's team of policy analysts, planners, environmental health educators, attorneys, engineers, and community organizers work to advocate for a cleaner environment, healthier lives for communities facing pollution, and the ability of local residents to have meaningful input on the decisions that impact their health, environment, and quality of life.
Clean Air Council seeks to hire an advocacy coordinator to implement state and federal campaigns to cut greenhouse gases and air toxics from the natural gas industry in Pennsylvania. The coordinator will raise the profile of the air pollution, climate, and health impacts of shale gas infrastructure and mobilize the public and key stakeholders to convince Pennsylvania leaders to adopt strong air pollution standards for the gas industry. The coordinator will also organize the public and key stakeholders to resist the Trump Administration’s rollbacks of air critical air pollution rules.
- Write and produce educational materials and advocacy actions to advance the methane campaigns.
- Coordinate media communications work.
- Prepare residents and key stakeholders for meetings with policy-makers and elected officials.
- Coordinate with partnering organizations to plan and execute key projects as part of the methane campaigns.
- Engage residents and stakeholders to participate in policy-making process.
- Represent Clean Air Council at campaign meetings and phone calls.
- Work with partners to evaluate and revise campaign plans and timelines.
- Experience working on or leading an issue-based campaign.
- Experience working in a coalition or with partners on a joint project.
- Experience planning and executing media events.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with traditional media communications preferred.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience with state and federal policy-making a plus.
- Background with air quality issues or policies a plus.
- Occasional travel will be required, but the Council will cover the cost of public transportation or rental cars/lodging if needed.
- May have to attend occasional evening or weekend events or meetings as part of the work week.
This job posting is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not meant to be a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The responsibilities and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this description. Additional duties may be assigned. might be part of the job.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- RideEco transit benefit (Philadelphia ONLY)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Walker, Advocacy Director, at mwalker(at)cleanair.org. Please cc John Lee (jlee(at)cleanair.org) and use the subject “Methane Advocacy Coordinator Application_[LAST NAME].”