Details: Based on Experience
42 Brattle St.
CCAE is a nonprofit organization with an annual operating budget of $2 million and a staff of 16 FTEs. We run nearly 2,000 classes over 4 terms, taught by 350 professionals who are experts in their chosen fields. CCAE owns and operates two historically preserved properties in vibrant Harvard Square. (More information about CCAE can be found at www.ccae.org/about)
The Business Manager manages day to day accounting and registration activities. The Business Manager also provides overall customer service supervision and works extensively with the Assistant Director to maintain all HR functions of the organization. This full-time position reports to the CCAE Assistant Director.
Accounting and Registration
- Process payroll and maintain general ledger, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly credit card and bank statement reconciliations.
- Process daily receipts of registration revenue, contributions, and issue student refunds as needed.
- Manage petty cash, cash box procedures, and reconciliation of cash transactions.
- Assist Assistant Director in yearly audit.
- Audit student registration payments and unclaimed seats purchased.
- Assist with registration during peak periods.
Human Resources and Office Management
- Help manage recruitment
- Prepare and process new employee intake files (faculty and staff) for payroll and general on-boarding.
- Track class schedules and instructor attendance and paid sick time.
- Process staff time sheets for payroll and benefits.
- Manage Finance Department files and organize Finance archives for storage or disposal.
- Help manage inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Extensive QuickBooks experience and full working knowledge of the application
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, Word/Excel
- Experience with ADP Payroll system a plus
- Some IT administration experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and high level attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Cambridge Center for Adult Education (HR Dep’t.)
PO Box 9113 Cambridge, MA 02238
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
Full Benefit: medical,paid vacation, paid sick, free courses
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Minimum Education Required