Grants and Contracts Management (50%)
- Manage quantitative and qualitative reporting for all foundation and government contracts and subcontracts.
- Attend all required contract-related meetings and trainings with the City of SF and other government agencies
- Manage renewal of all government contracts, preparing reports and budgets with oversight from the Development Director
- Maintain the Grants and Contracts Calendar in Google Docs in sync with the Deadlines calendar in Google Calendar
- Ensure fiscal compliance with contract requirements, including implementing functional timesheets and segregation, in coordination with the Finance Director
- Ensure strict confidentiality of member data in all reporting
- Maintain well-organized electronic files of grants and contracts on our server, including approved proposals, budgets, reports, and related documentation
- Ensure that grant and contract award letters and scanned, returned to the donor, and filed both on the server and in hard copy at the San Francisco office.
Data Systems (30%)
· Work with program staff to support data collection for reports
· Analyze staff data systems to assess areas for consolidation and improvement
· Work with the Movement Technology Fellows on our team to support implementation of improved data capture systems, including the implementation of a Member ID system for data security purposes
Institutional Fundraising (20%)
· Help research and track potential funders for MUA
· Gather information needed for proposals in coordination with the Development Director
· Help upload necessary documents to funder portals
· Participate in budget meetings to determine funding gaps
Skills and characteristics required
· Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written)
· Prior contract management experience required
· Strong attention to detail, especially in writing and editing in English
· Comfortable with computers: Excel, Word, Google Docs, and databases
· Commitment to movements for immigrants rights and women’s rights
· Demonstrated understanding of current political and social context
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Commitment to working as part of a team in a collaborative work environment
· Ability to communicate with funders with confidence and a professional demeanor
The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $52,000 FTE, depending on experience. The position is budgeted as full time but can be negotiated to be 32 or 35 hours per week for someone interested in a more flexible schedule.
This position comes with an extensive benefit package, including:
§ Health plan
§ Dental plan
§ Life insurance and accident insurance
§ Flexible spending account, including employer contributions to cover commute costs and medical co-pays, and
§ 401(k) contributions after the first year of service.
Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the job title and your name in the email subject line. Send materials as one single attachment in either Word or PDF. If you applied for a position recently at MUA, you can simply send an email letting us know you are interested in being considered for this position as well. No phone calls or visits please! This position will remain open until filled. Proposed start date is May 5, 2018.