Assistant to the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Research
- Job posted by NARAL Pro-Choice America
Details: Negotiable with excellent benefits!
1156 15th St., NW
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.2 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
NARAL Pro-Choice America seeks an Assistant to the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Research. The Assistant to the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Research serves as administrative support for the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Research. The Assistant will be a highly professional individual who has superior administrative and organizational skills, demonstrates an ability to manage multiple priorities, exhibit confidentially when warranted and has a strong attention to detail. Responsibilities include scheduling, travel coordination, and tracking expenses. Additional responsibilities may include programmatic support for the Communications and Opposition Research departments, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
The Assistant must have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team, and have a personal commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s mission and goals. S/he must contribute to an atmosphere and organizational initiative in which diversity in all its dimensions is valued and supported. A collegial style, positive up-beat attitude, innovative approach, and strong work ethic are key. This is an entry-level confidential position that requires flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Vice President of Communications & Strategic Research
This position is: Exempt, Non-union
- Manage the VP of Communications and Strategic Research’s schedule for internal and external meetings.
- Assist in managing and determining the VP of Communications and Strategic Research office budget allocations including invoice processing, credit card reconciliation, and expense reimbursement along with filtering and cross checking program directors invoicing.
- Attend internal and external meetings as assigned, take notes and track action items.
- Manage travel for the VP of Communications and Strategic Research.
- Administrative assistance to support the Communications and Opposition Research departments and directors, as assigned.
- Programmatic support, including research and compiling media roundups, for the Communications and Opposition Research departments, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related/appropriate field of study;
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role required;
- Administrative and scheduling experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills;
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple priority tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated success in taking initiative to accomplish tasks;
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to exercise independent judgment and good discretion;
- Some experience working with Boards of Directors preferred;
- Experience with online communications and research tools preferred;
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all women to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion;
A commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: “Assistant to the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Research”