420 Boylston Street
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We have a new full-time position open for Director of Marketing. This position will be based in the Boston office and will report directly to the Chief Advancement Officer.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for ensuring the integration and consistency of all communications and for enhancing Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) brand and reputation with internal and external constituents council-wide. The Director of Marketing helps determine the objectives, policies and plans for communicating messages to a variety of constituencies, including the Executive team, Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, community leaders, the media, donors and the general public. This position plays a key role as a member of the GSEMA Advancement team and supervises public and media relations, marketing, and brand management staff.
- Provides professional expertise and direction to Chief Advancement Officer on all aspects of marketing, public relations, and communications.
- As a key member of the Advancement Team, collaborates with senior staff to influence and drive short and long term strategic goals.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of a fully-integrated marketing, public relations communications plan utilizing both digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Approves all collateral content for internal and external audiences, relaying a consistent message of the Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA)/GSEMA image/brand.
- Creates, develops, and implements a fully integrated Council annual communication plan based on GSUSA marketing strategy.
- Works diligently to build highly credible relationships with constituents.
- Oversees preparation of speeches and public correspondence for the CEO, President and the Council’s Board of Directors and Executive team.
- Oversees and approves the preparation and design of all council-related marketing materials, both print and electronic, including the Council’s web site.
- Supervises and mentors a Marketing Team of 4+ marketing professionals.
- Prepares a comprehensive crisis communication strategy and plan for implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience leading and directing the marketing and communications functions; non-profit experience desirable.
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the Principles of Inclusiveness and Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Values and Law.
- Demonstrates the passion and drive to be a part of an organization devoted to the development and support of girls.
- Proven track record of management experience in a role that combines communications, internal and community activities.
- Proven results in achieving success in leveraging relationships with diverse levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent management and coaching skills; ability to work collaboratively and motivate direct and indirect reports and peers; proven ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite for PC, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and Salesforce or relevant CRM platforms.
- Experience in the development of budgets and ability to manage resources effectively.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to create and maintain relationships with outside media and constituents.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and quickly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all other functional areas in furtherance of Council goals.
- Valid driver’s license, frequent access to motor vehicle, and willingness to travel to council offices, camps and special events.
- Ability to support events that, on occasion, take place outside regular work hours.
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages is a plus.
To learn more about our council, visit: www.gsema.org
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish or other languages is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting here:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.