Position: Executive Director
Organization: After-School All-Stars New York
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to over 70,000 youth in over 300 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
A Unique Opportunity
ASAS is currently seeking an exceptional and dynamic leader to serve as the Executive Director, New York. Reporting to the Regional Executive Director (RED), the Executive Director’s primary responsibilities will involve working closely with the Advisory Board and local staff as well as the ASAS national program and development teams to oversee quality afterschool programming thoughout New York City while developing and executing the ASAS New York fundraising plan. The Executive Director will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, including: partner schools, board members, staff, government agencies, foundations and program partners. The chapter currently operates on an annual budget of $2.4 million, with $1.5 million of that in local and state government grant funds. The ED will oversee a team of seven full-time staff and five school sites.
Vision and Strategy
· Overall strategic planning and vision for the organization, in collaboration with the Regional Executive Director and Advisory Board.
· Oversee, develop, continually evaluate and grow quality afterschool programming at all partner schools.
· Serve as a representative of ASAS in key local meetings
· Work with the RED and Advisory Board to strategize, plan, and solicit major sponsors and donors.
· Lead the growth of the chapter in New York City
· Provide ongoing overall management of ASAS NY staff, budget and office
· Maintain relationships with school sites and partner CBOs who will host the ASAS program.
· Conduct appropriate evaluation to ensure feedback from stakeholders and program quality.
Development and Marketing
· Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to support the goals, objectives and activities of ASAS NY
· Raise unrestricted revenue through three major annual events
· Work with the Regional Executive Director and Regional Development Director, and New York Advisory Board to strategize, solicit, and steward major sponsors and donors
· Raise funds from corporations, foundations, individuals and government agencies.
· Prepare and distribute, as appropriate, all needed materials for soliciting sponsors
· Research and write grant applications or sponsorship proposals
· Implement social media and online communication strategy.
· Work with colleagues across the ASAS national network to share information, resources, and leads and collaborate on national efforts.
· Ensure that marketing and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans.
· Travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and events
· Perform other duties as assigned
Who should apply?
The ED should embody ASAS’s core values: accountable, collaborative, transparent, proactive, and entrepreneurial, and demonstrate a commitment to the mission of helping kids succeed in school and in life. The ideal candidate will also possess a proven track record of raising significant support in the New York region and at least seven years of leadership and fundraising experience, an ability to passionately communicate ASAS’s mission, accomplishments and benefits of our work, excellent interpersonal skills and stewardship skills, and event planning experience. An undergraduate degree is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 18 days of paid time off, and 15 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required