The primary function of the Muslim Community Outreach Liaison is to serve as a bridge between small business owners and Pulaski Elston Business Association. The Community Outreach Liaison has a direct responsibility to develop an outreach strategy, needs to develop a survey within PEBA boundaries and promote workshops. The Outreach Coordinator generally assists with the following duties and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events and workshops.
2. Serve as a spokesperson for the organization at meetings, special events and media events within the muslim community
3. Develop and implement outreach and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies to promote business services and events.
This can be done through a combination of personal contacts, brochures,
mass mailings, public presentations, special events, and social media.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with local business owners to discuss any issues and assist in resolution.
5. Develop and implement an outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
Education and/or Experience
Preferred a background in small business or entrepreneurial competency.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have proficiency in MS Office Applications, desktop publishing, database and spreadsheet software. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required. Must have the ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups. The ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
- This is a pilot program with Pulaski Elston Business Association, if successful it may develop into a long term position.
10-12 hours per-week
Minimum Education Required