Project Assistant, Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Job posted by Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
1828 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Department: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: Project Manager, Office of the Chief Operating Officer
Click here to view full job description and apply.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager and Chief Operating Officer in a variety of administrative and project support functions. He/she will be tasked with assisting the Project Manager in integrating the efforts of a diverse team of project managers and directors, helping coordinate activities across PCORI’s operations departments, monitoring project timelines and deliverables, and providing detail-orientated and confidential administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer.
The incumbent will handle various tasks with attention to detail, solve practical problems, and work with a diverse set of stakeholders to accomplish his/her goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Finance and Administration Committee (FAC) by coordinating all the meeting logistics, (e.g. meeting material preparation, meeting room, and follow up notes/materials), and confirm participation of both the membership and the PCORI staff involved.
- Schedule, coordinate, facilitate and take minutes for Operations-related meetings and conference calls, including recording of major decisions and take-aways, as well as the tracking, follow-up and coordination of action items.
- Maintain and coordinate the calendar and multiple scheduling demands of the COO by evaluating both priorities and logistics; scheduling and making advance preparations for meetings (arranging conference calls, providing critical background information, disseminating agendas, handouts, and related materials); and making recommendations to efficiently manage workflow.
- Monitor submissions to Travel Initiation Form and make recommendations regarding enhancements in partnership with Information Technology.
- Collect appropriate operational data, create performance dashboards for operations departments, and implement a strategy for transitioning data collection and visualization to DOMO, in partnership with Information Technology. Participate in Dashboard Review with COO, Project Manager, and Department Directors.
- Update and disseminate the Operations Satisfaction Survey.
- Contribute to effective internal communications and knowledge management through administration of organization-wide calendar; redevelopment and maintenance of OCOO intranet site; and support of record management and file organization.
- Proactively and creatively seek opportunities to develop and build relationships with internal stakeholders across the organization to identify operations areas for alignment and improvement.
- Assist with other responsibilities related to PCORI’s operations division as assigned.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Office of the COO when the Project Manager is not available and ensure requests/issues are appropriately addressed and resolved;
Minimum Education Required