Details: 30-35k range plus benefits, paid vacation, sick time, holidays
Health Coach • Schenectady, NY
Founded in 2013, City Health Works (http://cityhealthworks.com/) creates healthier, stronger neighborhoods by providing neighborhood-based health coaching and care coordination to individuals struggling with chronic illnesses, as well as transitions of care for patients returning home from a hospitalization. City Health Works currently operates in NY and is gaining increasing recognition nationally for its role in building a high performing community health workforce that can improve health while reducing costs.
HEALTH COACH ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Educate, motivate and support individuals living with uncontrolled chronic illness in ways to achieve realistic, culturally appropriate lifestyle changes to help self-manage their illnesses.
● Maintain high standards of productivity and quality with regards to client engagement and retention.
● Communicate health complications and risks to Health Coach Supervisor when necessary.
● Conduct individual case reviews and problem solving with Health Coach Supervisor.
● Provide regular feedback and troubleshoot with supervisors and fellow health coaches to develop solutions that improve members’ health.
● Engage in collaborative care meetings with City Health Works staff and clinical partners.
● Demonstrate willingness to take on new assignments, learn new things and adapt to technological improvements and organizational change.
● Demonstrate proficiency in planning, organizing and prioritizing workload using appropriate technology (i.e. phone, tablet, email, etc.).
● Complete tasks including session documentation, coaching and health education accurately and in accordance with organizational guidelines.
● Serve as a positive representative of the organization internally and externally.
● Demonstrate cultural competence, intellectual curiosity and desire for continual learning.
● Ensure compliance with all organizational privacy, security and compliance procedures. Communicate concerns or questions to the Privacy, Security, and/or Compliance Officer(s) when necessary in a timely way.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
● Minimum of High School diploma or GED.
● Demonstrated personal commitment to health and wellness.
● Live in or be familiar with the communities that we serve.
● Proficient in use of technology (smart phones, tablets, computers)
● Must possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
● Keen active listening and motivational skills.
● Good judgement and character.
● Must be able to manage a caseload and prioritize activities.
● Must possess willingness to learn new skills and technologies and be able to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
● Must work well independently and in teams. Must respect unique needs and diverse backgrounds of members of the community.
● Preference given to individuals with experience in chronic disease management or caring work for others (paid or unpaid).
● Work authorization for employment in the U.S. is required
Very competitive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, Wage Works, etc.) through TriNet. Detailed benefits overview available upon request.
20 days total of Vacation, Personal Time Office, & Sick Time.
In addition, company-wide holiday between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Level of Language Proficiency
English/Spanish/Guyanese Creole applicants welcome
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a Resume and Cover Letter with “Health Coach” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.