Position description: The Fundraising Assistant will join the collaborative and dynamic Fundraising/Global Special Events team and play a supportive role in their efforts to help DKMS achieve its mission through various fundraising events and campaigns.
Responsibilities will include:
- Primary project manager for young patrons initiative and secondary project manager on peer-to-peer activities in collaboration with the Sponsorship and Major Giving Coordinator.
- Conducting research on event attendees, prospective sponsors and funders, leadership/committee members, and vendors to be shared with the Director of Global Special Events, Global Special Events Coordinator, Sponsorship and Major Giving Coordinator, and Development Coordinator (Dallas).
- Writing boiler plate copy for grant applications and campaign/event collateral.
- Processing all non-event monetary donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and financial reports in a timely manner with oversight from the Sponsorship and Major Giving Coordinator.
- Assisting Global Special Events Assistant with overall donor database and mailing list management.
- Facilitating all data hygiene through quarterly assessments and conducting regular updates to correct records as needed.
- Soliciting for and maintaining inventory of all in-kind donations for gift bags, auctions, raffles, and other onsite event product.
- Serving in a supportive role for any events in the NYC area with oversight from the Director of Global Special Events and the Global Special Events team.
- Providing general administrative support to the overall team as needed.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 6-12 months of professional experience – preferably in fundraising or event planning
- Commitment to public-service, nonprofit, or cause-oriented work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with sharp attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience with at least one financial donor database (Blackbaud preferred)
- Capacity to work well in teams
- Available for evening and weekend work