ABOUT ALI FORNEY CENTER
Our mission is to protect LGBTQ youths from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently.
This position is responsible for providing direct case management services to assigned clients in the emergency housing program.
- Assist clients in obtaining identification, medical care, employment, education, stable housing and make appropriate referrals.
- Provide individual crisis counseling.
- Flexible hours required to ensure coverage of drop-in center. May require some evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for running at least 2 groups per week.
- Act as mediator when required.
- Perform required written documentation and input data in required databases.
- Attend weekly treatment planning meeting, housing staff meeting, periodic trainings and supervision.
- Develop relationships with NYC service providers, including but not limited to those addressing educational/vocational, medical, mental health, and housing needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required. BSW preferred.
- Computer knowledge and competent communications and writing skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in the skills of therapeutic engagement and basic assessment.
- Experience working with adolescent/young adult population required.
- Knowledge of psychosocial needs of LGBTQ/homeless population is helpful.
Disclaimer: The Ali Forney Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transgender & Gender Non-Conforming people are encouraged to apply. Bilingual (Spanish) speaking encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!