ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
POSITION SUMMARY & REPORTING: Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Associate Director for Alumni & College Relations serves as an ambassador for and primary liaison to the Oliver Alumni community, including current Oliver college students. The Associate Director will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with and among alumni and building and managing the intra-networking capacity of the alumni community. This role will garner donor support from alumni through the identification of alumni prospects and the solicitation of alumni gifts. The Associate Director will also provide support to the Scholar Services department by planning and executing programs and projects that strategically engage junior and senior-level college students in career readiness opportunities with a particular focus on those connected to or originating from other Oliver alumni. S/he must be a “people person”, have a strong sense of purpose and passion, and be proactive and capable of thinking strategically.
▪ Plan, implement, and promote alumni engagement programs that support Oliver Scholars’ strategic plan of growing pipeline of donors and potential donors as well as the goals of the Alumni Council
▪ Serve as liaison between staff and the Alumni Council and ensure strong and productive relationships between its members and Oliver Scholars’ staff
▪ Establish, build, and maintain relationships with Alumni from all classes and decades/eras
▪ Work with and lead the Alumni Council to effectively engage alumni through meaningful programs and cultivation events that advance the mutual interests of the alumni body and Oliver Scholars
▪ In coordination with Development and Communications teams, maintain regular communication with alumni via direct outreach, e-blasts, newsletters, and Olivers Alumni web portal and Alumni Info Hub
▪ Support fulfillment of annual alumni fundraising goal in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer
▪ Develop and cultivate partnerships and programs that will support Oliver college juniors and seniors with internship and career placement
▪ Support graduating college students in their transition to Oliver Scholar Alumni status; educate them on volunteerism, the benefits of participating in alumni programming, and the importance and value of philanthropy
▪ Maintain the integrity of Oliver Scholars database by consistently ensuring accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical, and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, postal returns, event attendance, etc.
▪ Design and plan Alumni events in collaboration with the Scholar Services and Development teams
▪ Assist with projects and other duties as needed and requested within the organization
▪ Commitment to the mission of Oliver Scholars;
▪ Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is a plus;
▪ Familiarity with alumni and college support programs preferred;
▪ 5 years of professional experience in relationship management; fund development and/or program management experience a plus, but transferable skills will be enthusiastically considered;
▪ Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
▪ Knowledge of CRM databases; experience with Raiser's Edge, Constant Contact, or MailChimp a plus
▪ Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
▪ Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; willing to learn new techniques and procedures; Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
▪ Innovation & Initiative - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; Looks for and takes advantages of opportunities.
▪ Planning/Organizing & Project Management - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
▪ Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to jobs@Oliverscholars.org Please note, “Job Title – [Your Last Name]” in the subject line of your email. Kindy submit a writing sample. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success. Oliver Scholars is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, or current employment status. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our…
Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred