The candidate should have an undergraduate degree in software engineering, engineering, graphic design, or something related to teach a course in the fundamentals of programming and creation of websites. The profile that we are looking for is a person with experience in web development and also experience in teaching or training.
The objective of this role is to teach a course focused on front end programming and website creation. The course is aimed at beginners and the idea to give students basic training that will help build their job skills and improve their employability.
- Teach two courses in a "Bootcamp" style of 8 weeks each, with the goal of understanding the basic principals of different programming languages and webpage design.
- Implement the most effective teaching methods for web design
- Plan clases using the provided materials and content
- Add ideas and interactive components to the provided curriculum
- Reinforce students' learning with individual support and tutoring
- Measure progress throughout the course
- Work with the Volunteers Colombia pedagogical team to achieve the project's academic goals
- Degree in software engineering, systems engineering, electronic engineering, graphic design or something related
- Minimum of 1 years experience in information technology projects, programming, or web development
- High level of Spanish and English
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
- Teaching experience
- Experience leading trainings, preferably in information technology
- Experience working in a cross cultural environment
- Experience with implementation of high impact projects
- Passion for entrepreneurship and innovation
- Service orientated
- Detail oriented
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your CV to our Director of Recruitment, Elizabeth O'Brien, at firstname.lastname@example.org.