Details: Yearly Salary
The Simons Foundation is looking for a Network Engineer to perform network administration and maintenance across the Simons Foundation's various initiatives. The Network Engineer will provide support for the networking and security infrastructure for optimal uptime and protection of the organization.
Main Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement, maintain and support LAN/WAN/wireless infrastructure.
- Provide support to diagnose and resolve network-related problems
- Build and maintain Linux systems to provide critical infrastructure services
- Stay current on emerging security threats related to both networking and security systems
- Implement, maintain and support enterprise-monitoring technologies and establish associated policies governing both advanced notifications and escalation procedures.
- Utilize standard change control and security procedures to implement changes to hardware and software in the operational environment
- Maintain infrastructure to support VoIP, including hardware and software.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with enterprise-networking hardware, including routers, switches, security appliance and wireless devices.
- Strong working knowledge of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing, switching).
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining services in a Linux environment.
- Ability to utilize a scripting language to automate regular tasks and processes
- In-depth understanding of application protocols and their behaviors across network environments
- Ability to lift and install network equipment, if needed.
- Experience with VoIP, QoS and IP telephony technologies.
- 4–8 years of related experience
The Simons Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Minimum Education Required