2025 Addison Street
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Services
POSITION: Ticket Services Manager
POSTING DATE: July 26, 2018
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
SALARY RANGE: DOE
Berkeley Repertory Theatre, a Tony Award-winning theatre company in Berkeley, CA, seeks a highly motivated individual to oversee all operational aspects of box office, subscription, and web ticketing for a seven-show season and special events, while establishing and maintaining policies and practices that assure the delivery of top-notch customer service in all areas.
The ideal candidate will bring experience, enthusiasm, and vision to build a strong team; is comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift on short notice; enjoys working both independently and collaboratively; and takes pride in representing a dynamic, artistically driven institution with an international reputation.
Compensation DOE. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Benefits include medical, dental, and participation in Berkeley Rep’s 403(b) retirement plan, among others.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
· Develop, set, and enforce policies and procedures for box office staff to support the highest level of customer service.
· Daily operational management of the box office, including staff training, scheduling, and supervision; oversight and implementation of monetary practices and protocols as well as quality control procedures for ticket order entries.
· Maintenance and testing in Tessitura for production builds, patron records, dynamic pricing, and subscription packages, in coordination with marketing and IT teams; ensure productions are accurately built and maintained in consignment channels.
· Provide accurate and reconciled daily, weekly, and run-of-show sales reports to marketing, finance, and production.
· Act as the liaison to internal departments to ensure that ticketing needs are met for sponsors, VIPs, artists, and staff.
· Execute other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience in a customer-focused ticketing operation; arts and culture experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree or a combination of equivalent education or experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Tessitura experience required; fluency strongly preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communicator
· Strong management and customer service skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
· Demonstrated success of initiating innovations in practice and process
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and set priorities
· Ability to maintain grace under fire, sense of humor, diplomacy, and flexibility
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Love and knowledge of theatre preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Berkeley Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth. Position available immediately.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.
Email submissions only. Send only PDF files, no web links to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Ticket Services Manager”. Only complete submissions will be considered.