Details: Commensurate with experience.
1340 Boylston Street
The Fenway Institute is the nation’s leading center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender research and evaluation, training and education and policy and advocacy. The Institute conducts a wide range of studies on such topics as HIV risk reduction and prevention, drug treatment trials efficacy, substance abuse recovery and hepatitis transmission.
Under the direction of the Director of Administration and Planning, the Community Outreach & Engagement Manager will be responsible for Community Engagement with local, national and international stakeholders as well as for Outreach resulting in recruitment for HIV Prevention and Treatment Research taking place at The Fenway Institute and the Harvard/Boston Clinical Trials Unit including all Clinical Research Sites.
Establishes and implements community education, outreach and recruitment goals, as well as objectives and programming for the Clinical Research Site; Coordinates and oversees community engagement activities for NIH Funded Network: Clinical Research Site (CRS) and Clinical Trial Unit (CTU); Coordinates, Fosters, and Guides the Harvard/Boston CTU Community Advisory Board (CAB); Utilizes oral and written communication skills in the management and dissemination of information; Works on Community Engagement for Special Projects as Assigned; Meets agency participatory expectations; Performs related duties as assigned.
Fenway Health offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide an 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and more.
***We strongly encourage LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities to apply.***
- Degree in related field or demonstrated experience in field. (e.g. in health education, community organizing, health marketing, or other social sciences)
- 3-5 years of successfully coordinating CE activities in a professional environment required.
- Previous successful supervisory experience desired.
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS education and/or service delivery
- Working knowledge of challenges and needs of LGBTQ communities local and national.
- Experience working with diverse communities affected by HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ needs and Stigma.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines within a team environment
- Organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability working harmoniously with an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse individuals.
To apply, please use this link - Community Outreach & Engagement Manager
**Applications without cover letters & resumes will not be considered complete**
Highly competitive benefits package available to full time & part time benefits-eligible employees!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply to this and other opportunities, please visit the Fenway Health Career Portal - http://fenwayhealth.org/employment/