3040 16th Street
Accounting Clerk 1.0 FTE
Mission Graduates is a nonprofit organization that increases the number of K-12 students in San Francisco’s Mission District who are prepared for and complete a college education.
Founded in 1972, Mission Graduates clarified its commitment to getting more youth from the Mission District into college as a means to achieve economic equity and strengthen the fabric of the community. MG works to fulfill its mission through a wide range of K-12 after-school, in-school, and summer programs that reach over 1,300 low-income children, youth, and families from San Francisco’s Mission District each year. College education as an expectation and goal for every child is a theme woven throughout all of MG’s programs that serve low-income youth and families from the Mission District.
Mission Graduates currently seeks an accounting clerk with experience in finance, billing, office management and high level project management. This position is primarily responsible for processing / posting a variety accounting transactions such as invoices, payments and expenses in accordance with department procedures. Maintain accounting files, check and verify accounting data including entering data into Quickbooks. Perform related general clerical duties.
We seek a self-starter, who can see the big picture and all of the details, has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and can handle multiple demanding responsibilities
Full Health & Dental Benefits, Vacation and Sick Time
Position Reports to: Operations Manager.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs)
· Process monthly credit card payments and record payments in the google docs.
· Communicate with program directors regarding parent outreach and payment information.
· Call and remind parents regarding fees and deadlines.
· Income verification process for qualifying families
· Record journal entries into accounting system.
· Record deposits into account system.
· Generate reports for invoicing of government contracts.
· Reconcile of ledger accounts and maintain all schedules.
Operations and Office Management
· Front desk duties, answering phones, greeting guests, mail and package deliver distribution
· Maintain files and records in compliance with funding requirements, archiving files
· Order office supplies for central office and support ordering of supplies for programs
· Other duties as assigned.
· Maintain all vendor and client files.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency required
- Fingerprint and TB test clearance is mandatory upon hire
- Candidate must be flexible, well organized and able to take initiative
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter articulating your interest and qualifications to:
(No phone calls please; only applicants submitting both a resume and cover letter will be considered)
Mission Graduates Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mission Graduates provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, leaves of absence, training and compensation, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition or disability, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.