Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
Program Planning & Evaluation
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
This full time position reports to the Director of Program Development. The Data Manager is an integral position to the agency’s commitment to increase its effectiveness in data collection and outcomes measurement, performance management, reporting, and research. Program Development leads planning of new programming in partnership with the housing, workforce development and shelter/homeless services programs; develops all public and foundation grants; and oversees research, data collection, and evaluation. The Data Manager oversees the client and program data reporting activity in the agency’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), and other mandated reporting programs and has primary responsibility for high quality, accurate, and timely data collection and reporting. This individual supervises the data staff providing leadership and direction to the data projects of the agency.
- Client and program data collection & evaluation: Direct staff in setting program goals and collecting data for contract compliance and for tracking/evaluation of program performance. Refine program practices in response to performance and trends. Actively participate in conversations about how best to capture program data for required HMIS reporting, internal program evaluation, performance management and research. Turn these insights into action.
- Reporting: Create and generate standardized monthly, quarterly and annual reports, in order to comply with contract reporting requirements and to provide insights to leadership, managers and staff on program effectiveness and outcomes. Develop trend and outcome reports to inform program development and policy advocacy. Work with the data team and program staff across the agency to maintain the accuracy and timely entry of data.
- Community Data Coordination & Planning: Serve as the HMIS lead for the “Continuum of Care (CoC)” network of partners in the region engaged in homelessness planning. Organize the annual homeless census count; coordinate regional data collection for required HUD reports; submit timely and accurate reports to HUD; and assist with the annual HUD CoC application and related efforts. Engage and strengthen partnerships around regional data collection and analysis with partner agencies, HUD representatives, and other stakeholders; and represent the region as the HMIS Lead at state and other planning meetings.
- Supervision: Recruit, hire, train and supervise a staff of data specialists who help in managing all data requirements for the agency. Address personnel issues in collaboration with Human Resources and other staff. Provide ongoing support to all staff to assure that they have the resources and training to successfully achieve data goals.
- Training: Conduct periodic staff trainings and workshops to maintain staff engagement and proactively address challenges with data collection practices and data quality.
- Liaison: Act as a liaison between the agency and technical support teams from the agency’s ETO contractors regarding the ETO system.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.