Details: non exempt, hourly, $17/hour
The Yawkey Sports Training Center
512 Forest Street
The Creative Services Coordinator will support the marketing efforts of Special Olympics Massachusetts as they relate to organizational growth. To this end, this individual will be able to effectively manage tasks including creating event promotional materials, developing engaging web content – including compelling video pieces, building design tools for organizational use, and supporting digital and event marketing efforts.
- Create visually pleasing materials – photographs, graphics, and video - to support the implementation of SOMA’s digital and social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blog, etc.) to engage our audience and execute ongoing social media tactics.
- Create and use video to enhance the way SOMA tells its story, engages its audience, and recruits new volunteers, donors, and fundraisers.
- Creatively develop marketing materials including event flyers, signage, banners, and videos, as well as day-of event marketing tasks to engage and activate athletes, volunteers and spectators.
- Support the organization’s brand identity goals by working with colleagues, volunteer coaches and third parties to ensure proper graphic standards are applied to items including signage, uniforms, team apparel, and other items as needed.
- Supports other Marketing & Communications Team efforts in the following ways:
- Create email marketing content.
- Serves as a liaison between event managers and marketing/communications team, ensuring overall marketing plans encompass events and that event marketing is in line with the overall marketing/communications strategy.
- Supports corporate and sports marketing partnerships as necessary to deliver a high quality experience for all organizations involved.
- Assists with public relations as it relates to development and program events and initiatives, including creation and distribution of press releases, press kits, and fact sheets.
- Assists in managing SOMA’s webpages ensuring all information is up-to-date. Work with all departments to present relevant, engaging, and persuasive content that generates registrations and donations.
- Represent and speak on behalf of SOMA at various events, conferences, and meetings.
- Be ready, willing, and able to take on other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design, Microsoft office suite, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency in video editing software.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Understanding of communication strategy, marketing, and branding principles including content marketing.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self with a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with people and/or with difficult situations.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following skills:
Action oriented, Drive for Results, Dealing with Change & Uncertainty, Building Effective Teams, Customer Focused, Managing vision and purpose.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Excellent written communications skills. With a knack for storytelling.
- Experience and proficiency in WordPress and HTML.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 1-3 years related experience preferred
Minimum Education Required