Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Finance Department supports MSF in carrying out its mission in an effective, efficient, ethical and accountable manner to its donors and the public at large by managing MSFUSA's budgetary, financial and accounting practices. The Finance team consist of 3 units - Revenue, Accounts Payable and Payroll. The Finance team is also integrally involved in the grants management process working closely with the Programs – Grants Support team.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for coordination, implementation and on-going analysis of the organization’s annual budget and periodic forecasts. This position will also prepare and oversee cash flow projections. In execution of these responsibilities, the position will closely liaison with the Controller as well as other Finance Department individuals. This position will also be the primary interface with individual department employees in the budget and reforecast creation processes,
Overall responsibility for budgeting, forecasting and analysis for MSF-USA’s operations.
· Coordinate and / or preparation and analysis of annual budgets and periodic reforecasts.
· Coordinate and / or preparation and analysis of periodic budget vs actual analysis and follow up.
· In collaboration with Controller, prepare, analyze and report monthly forecasts, and periodic multi-year projections both internally and to International Office.
· In collaboration with Controller and Grants Officer, determine annual grants budget and any periodic revisions required.
· Maintain long-term monthly cash flow and Net Asset Value projections.
· In collaboration with Systems department and external consultant, maintain Oracle PBCS budget application. Consists of maintenance and updates of budget logic and reporting functionality.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 4-7 years of experience in financial planning & analysis, and financial and management reporting.
· Demonstrated non-profit international organization experience.
· Demonstrated success in preparation and analysis of financial transactions for a large-sized non-profit organization.
· Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles.
· Ability to work independently.
· Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships across all levels of an organization.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Detail-oriented and proficient in problem solving.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with non-finance professionals about financial reporting and analysis matters.
· Demonstrated experience with Oracle NetSuite (financial accounting) and PBCS (budget application) strongly preferred. Highly level of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products.
No phone calls or emails please
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary low 100 to mid 100's (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70…