Details: Up to $87550 per year
Requisition ID: req1616
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, Creative Services & Brand
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, we offer lifesaving relief and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. With a total budget over $600 million, the IRC works in 30+ countries and 22 American cities.
The Senior Project Manager, Creative & Brand supervises project management for a fast-paced, creative services function that serves a global base of internal clients and brand management objectives. This role oversees the project team's activities, as they are accountable for the overall quality of work in conjunction with functional leads, ensuring goals are met and projects delivered on time and on budget.
The Senior Project Manager acts as the Creative representative in various project meetings as needed to gather information and assess creative opportunities and involvement, and is familiar with the roles played by design, copywriting, video, and photography. The position requires a thorough understanding of staff and financial resources to complete concurrent projects efficiently and effectively, and develops and optimizes project management processes that work for projects across all departments. Projects include, but are not limited to, the production and distribution of marketing collateral, videos, e-mails, and digital advertising.
The position is based at IRC headquarters in New York, reports to the Sr. Director, Creative Services & Brand, and works closely with other colleagues in the Creative Services, Marketing, Fundraising and Communications teams, and regularly interacts with IRC staff across the organization.
- Manage team of two project managers and oversee client-specific workflows to ensure efficiencies and high quality deliverables.
- With Sr. Director, review and approve client requests, project briefs, and budgets for all team assignments
- Assess monthly bandwidth of project managers and provide regular oversight of creative resource allocation
- With broad input, define and document best practices for project tools, templates, and workflows
- Field, evaluate, and quickly respond to requests by defining project resource requirements and negotiating assignments with functional managers
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and oversee projects of all sizes and budgets from concept to completion;
- Ensure project feasibility and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels to lead kickoff meetings, project reviews, and ongoing project updates;
- Approach projects with a solutions base for resource management
- Be concise and focused in communications
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Creative Services & Brand
Position directly supervises: Project Manager and Associate Project Manager, Creative & Brand
Indirect Reporting: Vice President, Marketing
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Broader Creative Services team, Marketing, Fundraising and Communications teams
External: 3rd party vendors
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field
Work Experience: 6-8 years' experience ideally in project management, creative design production, marketing, fundraising or communications
- Strong understanding of digital & print workflow process, scheduling, trafficking and project management.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and adaptively in a highly collaborative, interdependent team environment;
- Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to deal directly with a variety of clients and needs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Workfront, or similar project management software.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and budgeting documents
- Possess an expert knowledge of traditional creative and digital deliverables, capabilities and processes
- Experience with integrated creative workflows;
- Creative or technical agency experience desired;
- Knowledge of design and copy writing/editing;
- Familiarity with marketing/fundraising campaigns;
- Experience with non-profit and international contexts;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- PMP Certification
Working Environment: Standard Office Environment - This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Minimum Education Required