La Comunidad Hispana (LCH), in Kennett Square, Jennersville and Oxford, offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs for low-income and underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a culturally welcoming environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH integrates healthcare with supportive services and education to empower our members to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive fulfilling lives.
LCH is seeking a motivated individual to become the Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist will provide oversight and management of the IT function at LCH. LCH has undergone a multi-year strategic initiative to transform the organization, introducing a new model of care that required the integration of several data systems. Continuing hardware and network support and troubleshooting is needed to bridge with our remote cloud network. The IT Support Specialist will also be responsible for the maintenance and optimization of our EHR (electronic health record) and other application content. The IT Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to ensure LCH has a stable technology foundation to support current and future strategic initiatives and to keep IT operations running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Information Systems Management
- Ensure that data systems are capable of meeting the day-to-day needs of LCH’s business operations.
- Serve as interface between IT partners and LCH (such as EMR-Link, SureScripts, Visualutions, InDxLogic, HealthShare Exchange, ProviderTech)
- Evaluate IT needs of users and ensure systems meet those needs.
- Scout for new technology improving LCH member experience and staff efficiencies.
- Work with CEO and CFO on IT budgeting.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with vendors as designated and create new relationships as appropriate.
- Track the performance of vendors regarding timely problem resolution and efficient installation and upgrades of IT systems.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Provide prompt direct end-user IT support.
- Manage the operation, maintenance and updates of computer systems to support needs of LCH staff.
- Serve as quarterback for projects involving LCH, our applications/databases/interfaces, and host IT vendor.
- Manage interfaces with external systems.
- Identify and oversee the day to day maintenance of system configurations and perform analysis on systems to ensure that maximum efficiency and optimum utilization is achieved.
- Maintain documentation of system configurations including documentation of security, auditing and performance standards.
- Ensure updates are performed regularly and in compliance with industry standards.
- Coordinate all computer systems’ hardware and software purchases.
- Oversee quality improvement efforts related to IT; review issue logs to identify application problem patterns; identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures.
- Report computer system status to senior management.
- Collaborate with host vendor to schedule and execute disaster recovery testing, penetration testing, and ransomware/phishing testing of LCH employees.
- Assist Community Engagement Manager as needed with website hosting.
- Work with and advise staff on computer and other equipment related resources.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve desktop system hardware and software problems.
- Maintain regular attendance; accessible to staff; prioritize work appropriately; perform all duties in a timely manner; attend all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor.
- Follow all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborate with staff of all LCH as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
- Must have a four-year degree in Information Technology Systems OR 3-5 years small business job experience.
- Must have experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365. Experience with other common non-profit applications and cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- Must have hands-on experience with application management, system installation and system integration. Training in Quality Improvement methodology is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic health record (EHR) applications, preferably GE Centricity, is a plus.
- Strong experience with SQL database, EHR content editing (such as Text File Editor, Visual Form Editor, MEL) and data visualization tools (such as Tableau) are a plus.
- Must have demonstrated skills and expertise in strategic IT analysis.
- Must have demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent [internal] customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Must be capable of employing time-management skills for projects with varying timelines; must be able to work under pressure.
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required