Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants and private contributions. To learn more about our work, please visit www.obtjobs.org.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) the Director of Development is responsible for coordination of fundraising activities related to government contracts, private and corporate foundation grants and individual donors, and the effective management of program evaluation and reporting structures as related to OBT’s Development activities. In this role, the Director of Development supports a team of two: Grant Writer and Salesforce Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the CEO, CSO and the Executive team and in developing and executing the organization’s development strategy.
• Coordinate all existing grant reporting and funding renewals.
• Provide direct supervision and support to the Grant Writer and OBT’s Salesforce Manager.
• Manage OBT’s individual donor database; coordinate donor appeals and other individual donor activities.
• Work with the Executive staff and the Board of Directors to identify new funding partners
• Collaborate with the CEO/CSO in strategizing and planning for Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
• Research new funding options and lead the vetting/viability process with Program staff.
• Lead the team in engaging with Program staff and participants to maintain a high-level of awareness and understanding of program needs.
• Collaborate with the Government Affairs & Communications team on donor/funding recognition, communications and correspondence.
• Lead the collaboration efforts with administrative and Program staff, as well as the Salesforce Manager to understand programming and obtain statistics/data required for funder reporting.
• Collaborate with the Outreach team to extract and interpret programmatic data utilizing Salesforce.
• Produce, in collaboration with the Executive team, evaluative reports highlighting key findings, drawing on program strengths and challenges to inform advocacy efforts; including the development and management of data-informed campaign strategies to advance education and workforce issues.
• Maintain an updated donor/funder management schedule; provide guidance to the CEO, Executive team and CSO on appropriate donor/funder communications.
• Provide assistance to OBT Board of Directors as needed on matters related to fundraising and cultivation of their individual donor network.
• Provide guidance and suggestions on ways to continually improve OBT development processes.
• Assist with planning and execution of OBT’s annual fundraising event.
• Work as needed on special projects related to development and fundraising.
• Perform other appropriate duties as required
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree with a concentration in either public relations, journalism, communications, English, or business is required.
• 3+ years of Development experience, preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, required.
• Excellent editing skills and a clear, concise, and meticulous writing style.
• Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office, required.
• Proficiency with Salesforce, as well as other online fundraising tools a plus.
• Solid problem solving and organizational skills.
• Time management skills, including the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
• Great interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A genuine interest in OBT’s commitment to helping youth and adults achieve economic independence through job training and education programs.
Why You Should Join Us:
• Salary: $72k – 75k + full benefits
• Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
As expressed interest in the role, please forward your cover letter and resume via this link: https://obtjobs.typeform.com/to/WlrBXA. Enter position code 87R12 when prompted.
OBT values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our organization means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
In accordance with NYC Mayoral Executive Orders and mandates, OBT requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for employment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on reasonable accommodation requests, if applicable.
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for…