The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) is a community of legal, mental health, and financial professionals in more than twenty nations who are leaders and change agents working to extend innovative approaches to respectful family-centered out of court conflict resolution worldwide. As part of an international peacemaking and alternative dispute resolution movement, IACP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing education and resources to its thousands of members and to the public through its publications, training programs, events, website, social media and other channels. We operate through a virtual office, and this is a full-time telecommuting position, with flexible schedule, to be based in the North Bay region in California as the position requires travel to organization’s PO Box and bank.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to manage many of the day-to-operations of a growing international membership organization. Our office staff is a small team of friendly, upbeat, and hardworking people, committed to both the success of the organization and to supporting each other in creating a humane and sustainable working environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is routinely known as the most efficient person on their team, someone who takes joy in organizing information and systems, and supporting the rest of the team’s organization. IACP is in a moment of transition, and the position has significant growth potential for the right candidate.
Essential Job Functions
· Manage incoming calls and emails, respond to inquiries from members and the general public, and direct calls appropriately to other staff or Board
· Oversee processing of incoming mail through PO box, and production and mailing of outgoing mail
· Oversee storefront for brochures and other printed materials
· Organize and maintain web-based office files
· Maintain internal and external online calendars
· Monitor and organize online project management platform for staff, Board, and multiple committees
· Schedule travel for staff as needed
· Assist with production of webinars, to be led by volunteer experts
· Oversee event registration, including member assistance
· Assist in planning and implementation of annual Forum and bi-annual Institute, with onsite duties
· Facilitate process of screening workshop proposals for annual Forum
· Assist with procuring continuing education accreditation (legal, mental health, and financial professionals) for educational events
· Assist with website maintenance
· Assist in managing member database and member services
· Assist with operations and finance, providing documentation to finance/bookkeeping staff in accordance with organizational procedures
· Provide administrative support for management and volunteer-led Board committees as needed
· Other projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
· Commitment to creating and maintaining a work environment that is welcoming and inclusive, reflecting the diverse backgrounds of our members and the families they serve
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to organize information and prioritize multiple tasks
· Confidence in tackling new areas or issues as they arise
· High level of initiative and follow-through
· Ability to design and implement new office procedures to increase efficiency and support internal communications
· Professional demeanor
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Customer-service orientation and a professional telephone presence
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive communications
· Ability to remain flexible and responsive to growing organizational needs
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team with paid staff, volunteers, and international members
· Self-starter with experience telecommuting and working in a virtual office environment
· Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox, Google Drive, Zoom, Outlook. Previous experience with CiviCRM or other member/customer databases, donor databases, and project management software is a plus. Comfort with videoconferencing technology is important, as we conduct many of our meetings that way.
· Experience with professional continuing education requirements is a plus
· Language ability beyond English is a plus
· Experience with event management and production a plus
· Applicant must have access to an internet connection, telephone, and workspace adequate for telecommuting
· Applicant must have reliable access to a car to pick up mail weekly in Santa Rosa, bring paperwork to the Executive Director at her home office weekly, and other errands in the North Bay as needed.
· Applicant must be available for out-of-town travel at least once or twice a year, including our annual Forum at the end of October
The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) is a community of legal, mental health, and financial professionals in more than twenty nations who are leaders and change agents working to extend innovative approaches to…
$18-23 per hour DOE, Direct deposit, phone/internet reimbursement, health and dental insurance with 1% employee co-pay, 3 weeks/year PTO plus holidays to start, 3% employer contribution to 401k.
Position open until filled. AA, EOE
As part of our commitment to a diverse workplace, people of color, LGBTI people, people with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. IACP is committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination, sexual harassment, and harassment or mistreatment of any kind. We do not toleration discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, height, weight, parental status, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as intersex, HIV status, veteran status, disability, political or union affiliation, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
$18-23 per hour DOE, Direct deposit, phone/internet reimbursement, health and dental insurance with 1% employee co-pay, 3 weeks/year PTO plus holidays to start, 3% employer…
Strong spoken and written English language skills required.
Strong spoken and written English language skills required.
Upload your resume and cover letter through Idealist. In your cover letter, please address the following question: Of the many essential functions and qualifications listed for this job, which are the ones you feel most confident about, and which will be areas of learning or growth for you?