1925 North Clybourn
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Individual and Corporate Relations Associate develops and implements strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals and corporate donors. The role takes a proactive approach to identifying, managing and maintaining relationships with new and existing individual donors. The position manages the annual giving calendar including direct mail appeals and member groups – The House Society, Leadership Circle, and House Builders. This position maintains relationships with corporate sponsors and acquires new sponsors for events and program initiatives. This role requires interfacing with events and financial reporting. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
- Develop and implement strategies for annual giving
- Assist identifying and cultivating major individual donors
- Manage appeal campaigns to assist the agency in meeting their revenue goals. Provide input of adjustments if targets are unrealized.
- Implement online giving initiatives
- Coordinate donor acknowledgments with Donor Services
- Implement and coordinate cultivation strategies for individuals, member groups and sponsors
- Build and maintain prospect lists
- Develop and maintain cultivation activities
- Support the production of the agency annual report
- Research, cultivate and solicit new sponsorship prospects for all agency events
- Monitor the corporate sponsorship revenue to assist the agency in meeting their goal. Provide strategic ideas if targets are unrealized.
- Ensure all branding is placed in an appropriate manner
- Prepare sponsorship materials aligned with event opportunities
- Prepare targeted proposals for submission to appropriate corporate funders and donors
- Coordinate event sponsor ticketing in collaboration with Donor Services
- Responsible for the accurate recording of contacts, deadlines, and donor requirements into the donor database
- Support for the accurately coded development revenue
- Support the preparation of development reporting information for Finance, BOT and Committee meetings
- As part of the Development Team this role participates in all special events.
- Fundraising experience required; 3 years preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, comparable fundraising software or an ability to quickly and accurately learn like systems
- Must be accurate and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing projects in a complex and fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Sensitivity to the LGBT Community
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced team environment
Work Schedule: General schedule is Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm; however, participation in evening and weekend events is expected.
Minimum Education Required