Details: Compensation commensurate with experience.
73 Arch Street
Capital Institute is a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) based in Greenwich, CT focused on the future of capitalism, and the necessary transition to more regenerative systems.
We are looking to hire an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to support the president & founder of the organization and small team. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and responsible team member to support our organization. Knowledge of economic systems transformation is not a requirement, but curiosity and interest in the topic are essential. The individual will act as the president & founder’s ‘right hand’ and ensure an efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office (including financial & HR). The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously, effectively prioritize and multi-task across multiple engagements, simultaneously, with little oversight.
A flexible schedule is a possibility to discuss, but a minimum of 30 hours per week is essential, and likely full-time (to be discussed). Occasional urgent crunch periods. In addition to health benefits and vacation time, Capital Institute closes for two weeks in August. Compensation commensurate with experience, but constrained by our small non-profit status.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Proven experience as an admin/executive assistant and/or office manager
- Strong working knowledge with all MS office products; ideally familiar with Mac systems
- Exceptional scheduling and calendar coordination skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task & prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills, planning, attention-to-detail & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping, including the ability to manage internal finances
- High level of professionalism
- Basic Tech savvy (coding not required)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Interested in investing beyond the admin capacity – eager to grow and contribute in ways that empower own unique talents to participate in our common objectives.
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, reliable, and resourceful
- Team player (we are a small team!), strong interpersonal skills
- Open-minded, forward-thinking, holistic thinker. Interested in systems change!
- Comfortable working on a small team and collaborative environment
- Comfortable providing feedback on projects outside of their day-to-day job function
- Patient with a scattered boss who is over-extended at times. Ability to anticipate his needs and work in a close mutually supportive relationship.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
President & Founder
- Work closely with president & founder providing overall support. Acting as ‘right hand’; anticipating needs to provide maximum efficiency and impact.
- Calendar: you will “own” his calendar. Manage bookings and scheduling; must be proactive in handling schedule changes, follow-ups, travel etc.
- Travel: coordinate travel logistics (lodging/transport/visa/flight), working with a travel agent. Producing trip itinerary, working with appropriate contacts on honorarium, logistics, invoicing, agenda etc.
- Email: you will have access to his email, ideally catching missed emails, follow up etc.
- Follow up list is evergreen, will require constant updating and checking in with him to getting things finalized.
- Will need to handle president & founder requests and queries appropriately
- Handling external communication at times on behalf of president & founder – may include sending emails to individuals, correspondence, documents etc.
- Manage / coordinate IT issues for president & founder
- Oversee HR-related responsibilities, including: on-boarding and termination, benefits and payroll, etc.
- Work with accountants and insurance representatives to process appropriate documentation. Insurance set up on an annual basis.
- Employee relations: assist employees with any questions/concerns; actively respond and address any concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential HR-related materials with discretion.
- Monthly AMEX expense report: proper coding allocations, acquiring necessary receipts, providing the report in a timely manner to the accountant.
- Invoices & expenses: process them on a weekly basis (or as they come in). For international wires, will need to work with bankers on ensuring a smooth transaction.
- Grant reporting: will need to gather necessary financial documentation for reports, working with accountants and team.
- Quickbooks: check on books on a quarterly basis, ensuring numbers are properly allocated to appropriate classes etc.
- Audit (annual): Work with auditors on gathering necessary documentation and information for timely processing. Followed up with the annual board meeting.
- Travel: process and submit travel expenses & honorariums if applicable.
- Maintain and organize filing system – both digital on Dropbox and filing paperwork if needed
- Schedule: Internal and external meetings. Includes: team meetings, meetings for president & founder, occasional meeting for team members, retreats, board meetings, etc.
- Events: organize occasional lunches, coordinate logistics for external meetings including meals etc.
- Undertaking tasks of receiving calls, taking messages, routing correspondence/mail.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain contact list; upload specific emails when asked to distribution list.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, anticipating needs and order when needed.
- Being open to working with the team on a number of projects if applicable.
Level 3 Capital Advisors, LLC
Part of your time will be spent supporting our founder’s personal investment activities that he manages directly through Level 3 Capital. He has several active “impact investments” that demand occasional spurts of time, as well as many passive fund investments. In general, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and maintain complex filing system – both digital and paper.
- Maintain ‘main’ Level 3 spreadsheet: update capital calls, foundation checks, NDF wires as they occur. Update bank accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Initiate wires for capital calls via email – president to always confirm.
- Assist with writing out foundation checks when needed – president to always sign.
- Keep track of all wires & loan notes related to a significant farm investment. Any paperwork/files related must be maintained.
- Taxes: Gather K1s as per accountants list, will require extensive follow-ups on some investments. Maintain any tax-related files, usually working closely with president’s accountants.
- Keep on top of any Level 3 investment emails that need to be flagged for the president's attention: paperwork/notices that require his attention/signature.
- Work with the president on new investment subscription documents – liaison with investment managers on what is required.
Capital Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
We offer unique benefits including a progressive, flexible, and supportive work environment, office retreats in the Hudson Valley, beautiful office space right by downtown Greenwich, ‘blackout weeks’ where the company closes for two weeks in August and one week at the end of the year. We promote and nurture a healthy culture. We also offer traditional benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation/sick days/holidays, and maternity/paternity leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidates must be fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish or French not required, but is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Nora Bouhaddada.