Executive Assistant & Office Manager
District of Columbia
Field to Market: The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture® seeks a Executive Assistant & Office Manager based in its office in Washington, DC. Field to Market is a 501(c)(3) organization that brings together a diverse alliance of grower groups; agribusiness companies; food, fiber, restaurant and retail companies; conservation groups; universities and agency partners to focus on promoting, defining and measuring the sustainability of row crops for food, fiber and fuel production.
The Executive Assistant & Office Manager will serve as the primary administrative support staff for the president of Field to Market, as well as overall office management and support for a team of ten. The position will provide assistance with scheduling, travel logistics, meeting planning, preparing minutes and other written materials, maintaining current membership/committee rosters, completing expense reports and liaising with the organization’s outside accounting firm.
The ideal candidate will have previous administrative experience; attention to detail; strong writing skills; basic knowledge of accounting and budgets; previous experience with meeting and event planning; proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; strong communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines; an interest in food, agriculture and sustainability issues; and a desire and enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development.
The position reports to the president of Field to Market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide basic administrative support to the president of Field to Market.
- Provide scheduling support including managing details of staff travel.
- Manage monthly expense reports and liaise with the organization’s outside accounting firm to process invoices.
- Coordinate accounts payable/receivable functions, including invoicing for membership.
- Provide basic office management, including maintaining office supplies, equipment and technology.
- Manage membership distribution lists including committee/workgroup rosters.
- Support Field to Market’s twice-yearly plenary meetings and various committee meetings, including basic meeting/conference planning activities.
- Draft minutes for board meetings, general assembly meetings, and other proceedings.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for speeches, meetings and other outreach events.
- Maintain an electronic filing system for all of the organization’s key documents and work products.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of proven experience in an administrative support position.
- Excellent communication skills (writing/editing, speaking, facilitating). A writing sample may be requested.
- Successful experience in working with a membership-driven organization is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, establish and meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and as a team in a small office environment.
- Must have strong command of the English language.
- Periodic travel may be required and may include weekends.
Please submit a cover letter that explains your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com no later than November 16, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and other benefits included.
For more information regarding Field to Market, please visit www.fieldtomarket.org.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and other benefits included.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required