Community Health Worker (Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaborative (MICHC)
- Job posted by Northern Manhattan Perinatal Partnership
127 West 127th Street
Northern Manhattan Perinatal Partnership (NMPP) a maternal and child health agency located in Central Harlem seeks a Community Health Worker (CHW) for its MICHC program. The CHW will conduct community outreach activities to engage and enroll women of ages 14-44 focused on reproductive health and health insurance enrollment, health education, case management, and advocacy services to make sure they are connected to quality services to address their needs.
Conduct outreach in the neighborhood to recruit women
- . Conduct at least one monthly home visit to assess the need for other services and to provide appropriate health education sessions
- . Provide the following services based on assessment and action plan, case management services, advocacy, and health education services.
- Provide escort/advocacy services to clients to medical appointments and government agencies as needed.
- Conduct presentations and educational workshops in house and in the community about the program
- Work closely together with service providers to ensure the services for clients are connected
- Identify, develop, and contribute to program referral network
- Maintain up-to-date case records documentation and database reflecting client contact and service plans accomplishments
- Represent the program at other agencies
- Participate on collaborative activities internally and externally related to program goals
- Perform other duties as necessary
* Associates degree in Human Services, Community Health Education, or any closely related field
* Experience/ willingness to work with women and their families in the Northern Manhattan area
* Ability /willingness to conduct fieldwork (outreach activities, home visits)
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Excellent engagement and communication skills
* Computer and internet literate
Qualified applicants should email their resumes to:
SALARY- $34,000 per year
Excellent Medical and dental 20 vacation days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resumes to: