Details: Competitive salary
555 Knollwood Road
White Plains, NY
● Supervises the overall functions of the maintenance department in accordance with all NYSD, local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
● Anticipates conditions that might affect the school’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing, ventilation, and air conditioning and takes corrective action to avoid disruption of any of these services.
● Develops and directs an ongoing maintenance program to ensure its’ effectiveness and efficiency for all of the school buildings and grounds.
● Administer all maintenance records in electronic format, including schedules, future work plans, and all work performed and material changes.
● Follows New York State bidding process for proposals.
● Supervises work performed by third-party contractors and verifies that all work is satisfactorily complete per contract specification according to the recommendations by the Superintendent.
● Supervises and directs the maintenance program appropriate for Deaf students in keeping with the philosophy of the Superintendent and the Mission and Vision of the school.
● Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to NYSD.
● Collaborates with the administrative team on environmental and safety issues. Suggest changes and/or repairs to comply with school health and safety in accordance with all federal, state, local, and environmental laws, OSHA, rules, and regulations.
● Responsible for staff training and development for maintenance and ground team in areas of federal and state laws, best practice, and workplace safety.
● Investigate conditions of buildings on a daily basis.
● Maintains a philosophy of preventive maintenance to ensure that facilities are up to date and maintained for.
● Submits bi-weekly reports to the Office of the Superintendent on Google TEAM drive.
● Utilizes applications for work automation and project management.
● Recommends the transfer, promotion, or termination of maintenance and grounds staff to the Human Resource Director and the Superintendent.
● Additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
· Experience and knowledge of the construction, operation, and maintenance of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and HVAC equipment and processing
· Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of carpentry and grounds maintenance
· Ability to communicate ideas and information in written and oral format to administrative staff, professional colleagues, and Board of Trustees
· Ability to supervise personnel
· Ability to estimate cost and work effort and submits reports
· Knowledge of basic American Sign Language or is willing to learn within 6 months
Competitive salary and benefits package including membership in the New York State and Local Retirement System.
Level of Language Proficiency
American Sign Language a plus
Minimum Education Required