Details: PERF offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
1120 Connecticut Ave
The Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), a leading national police research and policy organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a senior-level associate to join our team.
PERF focuses on critical issues in policing, such as police use of force, new technologies in policing, violent crime trends, officer safety, victim issues, biased policing, evidence-based policing strategies, performance measurement, and community policing. PERF has earned a national reputation for identifying emerging trends and developing best practices. PERF has an excellent relationship with police agencies across the nation.
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will work with a diverse team with varying levels of responsibility in the following areas:
· Managing research and technical assistance projects that include conducting interviews, on-site research (or “site-visits”) at law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies, and leading focus groups;
· Assisting in grant project development, design, and implementation, in collaboration with law enforcement officials, other staff members, and expert consultants;
· Developing survey instruments, interview protocols, data collection and evaluation tools, and other project-related materials;
· Managing logistics for project-related meetings;
· Writing reports, memos, policy guides, and other papers for publication;
· Writing and managing proposals and grant applications for project funding;
· Supervising/collaborating with project personnel and expert consultants;
· Maintaining project databases and files;
· Monitoring and managing project budgets; and
· Overseeing the administrative aspects of ongoing research, technical assistance, and demonstration projects, as well as other related duties.
Qualifications: A Master’s (Ph.D or J.D. preferred) degree in criminology, sociology, political science, public administration, public policy, or related field, and practical project and grant management experience are required. The applicant should have at least 5-10 years of work experience in positions of increasing responsibility in criminal justice research, policy, or project administration and management. Knowledge of and practitioner experience in the substantive area of policing is a plus.
Candidates should have experience with the design and execution of social science research and/or demonstration projects, and knowledge of evidence-based policing practices. Applicants should have an ability to present ideas, findings and recommendations effectively, both orally and in writing.
Candidates should be dynamic team leaders who are able to work well with others and constructively within a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Demonstrated skills in time management, personal organization, and effective writing and oral communication skills are required to meet goals related to projects, proposals, and administrative tasks.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a letter of interest, detailed resume, 1-2 short writing samples, and contact information for at least 3 professional references to:
PERF, Attn: Andrea Morrozoff at email@example.com.
Applicants who do not submit complete application packages will not be considered.
Application review will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. PERF is an equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. For more information about PERF, please see our website at www.PoliceForum.org.