0994 Executive Director, Talent Acquisition & Staffing
- Job posted by San Francisco Unified School District
Details: Salary offer commensurate with experience in a similar position.
555 Franklin Street
We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who thrive in a community of continuous learning.
As the Executive Director of Talent Acquisition and Staffing you will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and serve as a critical leader within the Human Resources Department and the District at large. You will spearhead SFUSD’s talent acquisition strategy, and oversee the recruitment and staffing of every District employee across all employee types. Recruiting the highest quality staff is a critical strategy towards accelerating the conditions for student success, and as a result, you will be a key driver towards HR’s transformational work to become a strategic partner in the district and deliver on the promises outlined in both our strategic plan and SFUSD’s Vision 2025.
We expect our Executive Director of Talent Acquisition & Staffing to:
- Spearhead the District’s talent acquisition strategy rooted in a compelling vision that ensures SFUSD has a high-quality, culturally competent workforce of certificated, classified and civil service employees (teachers, administrators, substitutes, paraprofessionals, and all classified Civil Service staff) who are committed to all our students and families
- Design, implement and manage an organization-wide recruitment strategy, inclusive of the District’s “brand”, infrastructure, tools (including training), data collection and supports, with a special focus on diversity recruitment initiatives that help make sure our employee demographics reflect our students
- Lead teams who can innovate and develop key initiatives that improve filling vacancies quickly at all levels with high quality, culturally competent employees, managing an internal team of over 15 FTE who staff over 1,000 vacancies a year
- Deliver outstanding customer service to candidates as well as hiring managers across the District, thinking critically about roles and responsibilities within the Talent Acquisition teams as well as business processes and accountability metrics, particularly around staffing and onboarding
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with union partners, university partners, internal hiring managers and other stakeholders including the San Francisco City and County Department of Human Resources (DHR), with a special focus on building strong partnerships with Principals and Assistant Principals towards facilitating strong staffing assignments
- Serve as a critical partner on the implementation of the new Human Capital and Business Management system, with a focus on designing and implementing high quality business processes around applicant tracking, recruitment, staffing and onboarding modules
- Facilitate connections across the Human Resources Department to streamline and maximize efficiencies around recruitment, staffing and onboarding, particularly with the Workforce Analytics, Salary, Benefits, and Leaves teams who report to the Executive Director of Operations and Analytics
- Serve, along with the Chief Human Resources Officer, as a liaison with the City and County of San Francisco Civil Service Commission and DHR to ensure district-wide compliance with recruitment and staffing for Classified Civil Service employees
- Report, along with the Chief Human Resources Officer, regularly to executive District leadership and the Board of Education around talent acquisition strategies, challenges and successes across all employee types
- Design effective business processes to ensure compliance and regulatory accountability set forth in Civil Service rules, collective bargaining parameters, CA education code and CA employment laws
- Develop and implement strategic short-term and long-term plans to manage evolving staffing priorities, navigate changing workforce and hiring landscapes (including the teacher shortage that is acutely felt in California)
- Execute special projects as needed related to Talent Acquisition and general Human Resources matters, overseeing the certificated consolidation process, layoffs (as needed), intent to return process, etc. with support from staff
The strongest candidates will have:
- Knowledge of San Francisco’s public schools/urban public schools
- Experience in talent acquisition, particularly in a large and complex public organization
- A strong record of managing organizational change and initiating key innovations
- Strong analytic and systems thinking necessary to interpret data to inform goals and strategy, as well as build infrastructure where none exists
- Experience developing and implementing strong marketing, branding and recruitment programs
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions and roles within a complex public organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with senior level district staff and colleagues
- Success leading effective teams and individuals
- Experience and success with effective written and verbal communication, facilitation and presentations to large groups and a variety of audiences (e.g., large groups, staff meetings, executive briefings, public board meetings, memos)
- Ability to define and implement effective HR business practices
- Ability to work effectively in difficult situations that may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1058966 and create a new account to begin your application.
You will be prompted to electronically attach a letter of interest, resume, list of professional references and any applicable credentials or licenses.
Our Human Resources team will then review your entire application to determine your eligibility status and contact you directly should you move forward in the process.