3927 28th Street
Long Island City
Mission Statement: Growing Up Green Charter School empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
School Culture: GUGCS teaches students our school culture through the acronym GREEN: Growing, Respectful, Empowered, Environmentally Aware, and Now. Through assemblies, class meetings, and various lessons students are taught the expectations of our GREEN culture.
Vision: At GUGCS, we envision an inclusive and diverse school community that places students powerfully at the center of their education through authentic, relevant and rigorous learning experiences, grounded in inquiry; a community that is devoted to doing the work needed to create a space where equity in regards to race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender, and ability, is a given.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the following positions:
- General Education Teachers, Grades K-5 (Elementary and Middle School)
- Associate Teachers (Elementary ad Middle School)
- ICT Special Education Teachers, Grades K-5
- Science Teacher (Middle School)
- Social Studies Teacher (Middle School)
- Music Teachers (Elementary and Middle School)
- Math Teacher (Middle School)
- Learning Specialist: Math - Immediate Opening (Middle School)
- Learning Specialist (Middle School)
- ELA Teacher (Middle School)
- ELL Teacher
- Art Teachers (Elementary and Middle School)
- Physical Education Teachers (Elementary and Middle School)
- Spanish Teachers (Elementary and Middle School)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
Please apply directly through the Growing Up Green Charter School website. GUGCS job opportunities and application page can be found here.
For more information on Growing Up Green Charter School, visit us at: www.gugcs.org